News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine 5/29-30/10

Started by ahhshoot, May 31, 2010, 12:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahhshoot

This was without a doubt the most beautiful weekend I have seen in my Appleseeding experience. Sunny and 70 on saturday, and a litlle warmer on sunday.
The instructing was done by,
Ahhshoot
Mogget
JoeZ
Endpoint
Gumballhead
D.O.M
CollinZ
Secured Peace

I suppose yous guys from just south of God's Country can come up and instruct anytime. O0

4 Men know very well what they are about, and earned there Rifleman patches. :~ :--- :~
Congratulations, Dave, Tony, Andrew and Robb.
Robb then went on to claim his orange hat, and all the pain that goes along with it. O0

Noon on sunday we got the center fires over to known distance where the shooters affirmed that all the fundamentals carry right over from 25 meters.

I had a great time with some real Americans. What better way to honor our forefathers and our military than to engage in there favorite past time,  :~shooting :~.
The past is only the future with the lights on.

colycat

Sounds like a great weekend to be next to Wisconsin's largest air conditioner, Lake Michigan 8)  It was really hot away from the lake.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

sparks1

Sounds like another good one. Glad to hear weather co-operated for all. I'm sure that lots of fundamentals were imparted over the course of the weekend.

Good news about 4 men who know what they are about. AND really good news about an orange hat !!! The ranks grow as Appleseed reaches committed Americans !!

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

EEL

Racine on a wonderful weekend.  Coly, gotta agree with you.  That giant A/C unit we lend to you guys ( **)) does wonders up there.  Glad to see the turn out, both in shooters and instructors.  Heck, we even diverted 1 of each from Chillicothe to help out there.

Ahhshoot, sounds like a great time.  Maybe y'all could talk 'em into covering that line  ;D   ;D

Nice job with the forging of Riflemen!   O0 
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

colycat

BTW, where does the new instuctor live?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

EEL

Why.......................Illinois I think  ;)  **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **)

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

colycat

snakeman67

"cooler by the lake" did bless us with a bit of relief...but I am still suffering the worst sunburn of my adult life! 100% worth it though, in my humble opinion! I have been talkin' bout attending an APPLESEED since '08! finally got off of the ass and onto the line! As a novice Rifleshooter, I must admit I was soakin up the instruction almost as fast as I was the Suns rays, as usual the folks in attendance were 'salt of the earth" types, every one. "aahshoot,gumballhead,DOM,Jill,Joe and the rest of the instructors were all Top Notch. Their storytelling abillity was not bad either! LOVE the History lesson. learned more from them in two days, than I did in school. as an avid reader of the U.S. Constitution, The Articles of Confederation and "essential Liberty" I still had not heard the stories told, aspecially down to the characters names, all from memory no less!
I did not achieve "RIFLEMAN" status however, I did manage to break into "marksman" on the AQT twice. And with "AAHSHOOT'S" help, I even managed to go home with a "Gasden" Flag! Thanks "aahshoot"!!  its going to look great between the 2 US Flags I have flying off of my front porch. All who attend the "Harvad Milk days" parade next week will get a first hand account, as the parade goes by directly in front of my house. well, gettin long winded so, until my next APPLESEED, this is "SNAKEMAN67" (Blake Uppleger) saying soooo long. Thanks again to all the IIT's and Instructors.
"The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing"

Hammer

Thanks to Aahshoot, Instructors, and IIT's for making another excellent outing happen...  While Cindy and I haven't earned Rifleman yet we left by cleaning the Red Coats which puts us in a solid frame of mind going into the next one.  I'd agree with Blake - that sun was blistering on Sunday - but sure beats what we had in Racine in March...  Thanks again Blake for the ice cold water as we were pulling out on Sunday - it was probably the best water of my life  O0.  Congratulations to all the new Riflemen and to Robb for stepping up.  Look forward to seeing you on the trail again soon.  Jim and Cindy
"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories."  - Thomas Jefferson

sparks1

Quote from: EEL on May 31, 2010, 06:41:15 PM
Why.......................Illinois I think  ;)  **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **) **)

Not too sure you rubbed enough salt in that wound!!
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

SkyHawk

Sounds like a great shoot!  Congratulations on forging the new riflemen and great to hear Robb (Whaleyman) stepped up.  We knew he was ready and look forward to working the line with him.
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

JoeZ

The KD range we used Sunday was best described by D.O.M. as like a tropical resort. Forested bluffs with blue lake Michigan so close behind there is a guard rail on road to the butts so traffic wont fall down there, and a breeze off the lake (we gauged it at 5mph at about 2 oclock) and sail boats to boot. We took shooters from the 25m line and were shooting a few sighters and then 10 rnd course of fire from 300 yds and then 600 yds on D targets. We did well at 300 and all the shooters got several hits at 600 one got a 31 score. This KD venue can not be stressed enough. Tell all your friends and neighbors.

A big thanks to the Racine County Line Club and all the shooters for coming out.
Best reguards,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Johnnyappleseed

Sounds like a great weekend   ;D
Congratulations to the new Riflemen . Welcome aboard to the IITs.
You  have men (women) who know very much what they are about  O0
BTW - how is it Illinois claims Lake Michigan %)
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Old Squid

The weather was great, got sunburned like most everyone else.  This was my first Appleseed, and boy did I learn allot. Sorry to say I didn't make Rifleman, but I'll be back, I want that patch!  I too thought what a great and fitting way to spend Memorial Day weekend. I want to thank all the instructors for all that they do, I learned allot about shooting and allot more about the sacrifices made by the great Americans who gave us our freedoms. I am proud to be a member of RWVA and associated with truly great modern day Americans who love and respect this great nation and what we stand for.  I had to bailout early sunday afternoon, Sorry, just could not take the heat and I was exhausted.  I found out this is not as easy as it looks! Now I have my certificate and will be getting a CMP M1 Garand, thanks Ahhshoot!  I took many steps in the right direction to improve my shooting this weekend. First -I attended my first AS shoot, second I joined Racine County Riflemans Club. So now I can have a place to practice up what I have learned. So, I will be back and I will earn my patch.  I already have recruited a couple more pepole to come with me next time, I feel good about that. I want others to experience what I have.  Thanks RWVA for getting me going into what I think will be a great and enjoyable sport of shooting and carrying on the tradition.  See ya in July, I will be ready this time!   ;D

Big Kahuna (Vic)

Mogget

Wish I'd gotten in earlier with the pictures.  Anyway.

See all that nice white concrete and gravel?  And that clear sky overhead?  That's why we all have these remarkable sunburns now.  I STILL look like a redneck raccoon!

Here's the first of the Riflemen, on Saturday PM.  Regrettably, I didn't get pictures of the others.

And here are some pictures of the folks who joined us...

EEL

Ooooohhh...I see some "pink" happening in a few of those pics  :o  Bring on the sunblock!!  Uh, yeah, too late  :D  $$-0

Looks like a fine group of dedicated Appleseeders.  Racine is gorgeous!!  Get some cover for up there and G69 won't be able to pry me outta there back to the "Republic".

Nice job one and all. O0

EEL

Reveille

Sounds like another great Racine Appleseed.  Great job Dave, Tony, Andrew and Robb........Robb welcome aboard the IIT ranks. O0  Racine was my childhood range growing up in Oak Creek only 4-5 miles away and I try to get back there as often as I can. You gotta get there during deer season to try the running deer target.......I wonder if they would let us post an AQT instead of a Deer  silhouette? **) **) 
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Hammer

Great pictures Mogget, thank you!!   ..:..
"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories."  - Thomas Jefferson

Mogget

Ah, Hammer, here's one for you...  and nice Redcoat, BTW!

Gumballhead

Hi Everyone!

DOM and I had a great time 'nort of the cheddar curtain.  Thank you for your hospitality, and not holding it against us that we're from "down south". 

What a great weekend.  A little warm, but much better than rain!  Congratulations to our newest riflemen!  Great job!  Welcome aboard Robb.  There's plenty to do with AS, and I think you'll have a great time.  I look forward to working with you.  We have many people knocking on the door as well.  Keep practicing getting into position, and DRY fire!

Jim & Cindy - great job clearing those red coats.  That's quite a feat!  I know you'll be accepting a rifleman patch in no time.  Keep dry firing, and it will come.  Now you've cleared the redcoat, you know you can smoke that AQT!!

Had a blast again shooting KD.  I tell ya - it's easier to shoot at full distance than 25m!  Our shooters who came over all did great.  Paul was lookin to set a new record, me thinks...41!  Again great job.  I was glad to get DOM on the line @ 600 yards.  Now he's out of his cast, he can get to shootin again.  I'm proud to say we got hits on paper at 600 with irons!!  :--- :---.  Again, much easier @ full distance, don't ya think DOM?

Looking forward again to coming back.  I'm looking at the schedule to get DOM and I back on board for the next shoot.

Take care all, and see you out there.  O0

Patriot Gal

Great pics and lovely setting. CM and I look forward to 'border raiding' later this year to help with a shoot in Racine.  It is a beautiful area and I love Lake Michigan!  :)

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Dave 11H

This is when I got my first Rifleman.
5/29-30/2010 First Rifleman
12/06/20 Second Rifleman (Winterseed)
9/18-19/21 Orange Hat