News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OHIO SBs, RHs & IITs Who' s coming to New Philly for KD?

Started by Ratchett, May 27, 2010, 10:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

Hey Guys,

Who is coming out to New Philly for KD training??? Meanstreaker cannot do this alone, he has to have instructor support to run both lines and allow instructors to rotate to KD training.

"Florida and Virginia are holding Full Distance training and AQT's for instructors while the rest of Appleseed is forming committees, holding meetings, and laying out lesson plans." Are we going to be the talkers or the doers???   Paraphrase from 1776 "Piddle, diddle and resolve, not one blasted thing we solve."
Let' s do this Ohio and friends.

Meanstreaker, i am on board!

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Lisa

Butt Stock will be in NEW PHILA, I just have not signed him up for it yet. I have not signed him up for anything past this weekend in G'Burg as of yet. But he will be there and I will be popping in and out because I will be visiting with fmily while we are there. ..:..  O0  ^:)^

RedNekEngr

"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

jeep45238

Waiting to hear from the Air Force, and what my dad would like to do for Father's Day, before I sign up  :)
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

Recharge

Hey,
It's Jeremy(Athens "newest" orange hat). I'm checking tomorrow with work to see if I can make it.
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.
Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, No. 1, December 19, 1776

Ratchett

Hi Jeremy!!!

Glad to see you on the forum and doubly glad you will be trying to make it to New Philly. Drat work, don 't you just hate it when it gets in the way of a "real job"---hehe ;D  See you on the trail soon.

In His Grip,
Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Cozza

I'm signed up and ready to go!
Such a fantastic range for AS!

velcro8ball

KD should be a hoot and humbling. I'll be there.

Velcro8ball

jeep45238

Quote from: Recharge on May 28, 2010, 10:17:33 PM
Hey,
It's Jeremy(Athens "newest" orange hat). I'm checking tomorrow with work to see if I can make it.

Woa woa woa woa - I thought that we gave you the nickname Mountain Man at Athens  ++)
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

Recharge

Someone on here already had that so I had to get creative  ;D
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.
Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, No. 1, December 19, 1776

Butt Stock

I am going but I am not going for the KD tho it is fun and I would like to. As my mom said I have family down there so I will be going for appleseed and to see family killing 2 birds with one stone I think that is called.  :cool2:

But if any one needs help on KD I am in to that so I can help there I can see if I can bring the spotting scope and maby a rifle idk yet.

BS

MeanStreaker

Hello everyone,

Thank you for signing on to work in New Phila on June 19-20.  I have a feeling it will be yet another beautiful weekend to save the country.  

Unfortunately, not as many Instructors signed up as I hoped so that we could split the Instructor corps and work on Instructor Only KD material on Saturday apart from the main student line.  With only 9 Instructors (with some Jr IITs included, and maybe if we were going to pull RedNekEngr off the firing line to work  ~~:)   ;D ) .... I don't feel comfortable taking that many of us away from a sold out shoot of 45+.  Especially because I've been getting emails concerning walk-ons for weeks as it sold out way back in late April.  

With that, I'm sorry, but we're going to have to scrap the plans for Instructor only KD shooting on Saturday.  Hopefully we can play things by ear and work some Instructors onto the KD line on Sunday, but we'll have to see how it works out and how many students are skilled enough to shoot KD.  We can still discuss how to give the KD lesson we give at every weekend event, practice that amongst ourselves, and answer any questions you have Saturday night.

First preference always has to go to making the event the best it can be for the students.

I'm looking forward to working with our friends from out of state that are joining us, especially those we haven't met yet.

Thanks,
--Mike
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)