News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

West Jefferson this weekend

Started by Luna, June 02, 2010, 08:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

All,

Meanstreaker lined up a great site for this weekends shoot in West Jefferson OH.  We will be shooting at 25 meters this weekend but future events could use the 300 yard range as the relationship develops with the range. 

For anyone attending this weekend:
There is NO potable water, bring plenty of water....
We are expecting possible rain, be ready to enjoy Ohio's weather, ....outdoors
Camping is available for anyone Friday and Saturday nights.  PM me if you are not one of the instructors already planning to camp
There is a $10 range fee to cover the cost of target backers
If you have any canopies please bring them.......I am way back on the waiting list for one of Dryfires great tarp set ups.

Looking forward to being on the trail and enjoying a weekend of Liberty and Freedom in central Ohio.

Dan and Luna the dog (LTD)

therealsteamer

I second bringing extra water...  AND sunblock...

The temps for the weekend look to be mild with a 20-30% chance of rain both days... Don't forget rain gear for the occasional downpour and something to cover yer rifles should we get wet.

Looks like we sold this one out!!! O0 

I look forward to seeing some familiar faces this weekend as well as making some new friends on the trail... ^:)^

Steamer....

Corvette

While my son and I were disappointed in having to leave our first Appleseed event early on sunday, I am pleased to report that the Jonathan Alder Pioneer Baseball team from Plain City Ohio won their state championship game last nite by a score of 3 to 2 and completed the first undefeated season in Ohio baseball since the late 1990's. Down 1-0 early in the game, the Pioneers tied the score on a safety squeeze in the fourth, followed by additional runs in the fifth and sixth. They beat back a rally by their opponents in the seventh, securing the final out with runners on second and third. 

Thanks for a great weekend.

STEVE ("corvette") & SEAN B.
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Ratchett

Congratulations to your son's baseball team. State champs ranks pretty close with a "Rifleman" patch--hehe ;D .  Seriously, an undefeated season is a great feat. Job well done for the team of young men. We will see you both on the AS trail again!

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Wildcat

Congrats on the victory  O0  It was great having the two of you on the line this weekend!
Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jm 1:19 ...beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

KAH

Great to hear that the event was sold out, and a tremendous success.

I am looking forward to a future AS event in West Jefferson, so I can invite my brother (a Plain City Resident) to attend, and introduce him to AS.

Congrats to everyone involved, on a great weekend.

Wildcat: I hope to catch up with you soon  - glad you had a good weekend.

kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Luna

Steve,

It was a pleasure meeting you and Sean.  It sounds like it was a great weekend for you guys, an Appleseed Event and State championship.  What more can you ask for.  I hope to see you again soon on the Appleseed trail.

Dan
(Luna)