News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

June Appleseeds in KY we need shooters and instructors.

Started by Mudcat, May 24, 2010, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

We have 2 June shoots coming up here in KY. First off we have Carrolton June19-20. We have a SB but no other instructors signed up. But even worse we have ZERO preregistered ZERO. We have to do something about this. I know this location is known for waiting until the last minute, but Zero come on. Call up your family friends and see if you can get them to this shoot just a few weeks away. We really need a local BOTG to help out here.

Then we have Knob Creek the next weekend June 26-27 this shoot is over half way sold out right now. This is due in large part to the Local BOTG. THANK YOU! But we also have no instructors signed up for this shoot either. I will be camping at this event and would like to see a large group of shooters around the camp fire. That is always a good time.
So come on KY lets get signed up for one or both of these shoots. Remember under 21 is free, Ladies are free and military are free. Dad is the only one who has to pay. Oh I forgot instructors are free too.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

brdholman

You will have instructors on this list soon, signing up now. Trying to get shooters there also.

jeep45238

Right now I'm in a holding pattern waiting to hear about when MEPS is happening for me  :wb:- I'll start working on it for ya
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

GarandFan

Both of these shoots are close to the babys due date of june 24th.  If I can attend either it will be on short notice.  I will however push a few people that I know to get off the bench and sign up to shoot.  I'm hoping to attend the kd clinic in indy.  I might be pushing my luck on the date, however I've always been a gambler.

A rusty rifle is a rusty rifleman.  Now go shoot.

Mudcat

You better be careful on what you gamble on in regards to your situation.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

GarandFan

Yeah, you're right.  I should also mention that when I gamble I often lose more than I win.  I just wanted you to know why I may not make it to either June appleseed in Ky.  I look forward to the thought that in 8 or 9 years from now I can be there when my soon to be little girl is on the firing line.  I feel confident that the program will still exist then.  I have no reason to think otherwise because the message of the program is sound.  It's up to us to fill the lines and teach the message.
A rusty rifle is a rusty rifleman.  Now go shoot.