News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Promoting at Bloomington's MCSports this weekend, could use some help!

Started by techres, May 24, 2010, 08:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

HELP!

This came together last minute, but did come together.  This weekend MCSports in Bloomington will have a big tent sale and some outside groups have been given permission to setup their own tents and promote their groups. 

I just got confirmation that we will be allowed a spot this weekend on Saturday and Sunday.  I will be able to staff the booth most/all of Sunday, and hopefully Hawkhavn will be able to cover Saturday.  But we could use help and extra hands.

Hawk's providing the tent/pop-up.  If someone has a table, that would be great or I guess I will just buy one next door at Lowes.

If you have the ability to come, please PM me ASAP.  If you know someone who can come, please have them PM me ASAP.

This is a great opportunity to promote June, July, and the big 300 shoot at the very least! 

Let me know,
Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

techres

Forgot to add:

Saturday is 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday is 10:00am-6:00pm.

Saturday is the obvious long day that will be rough for a single person to pull off.  Tell me someone can come and help Hawk out here!

It looks like I can do the Sunday shift although a helper would be great.

I should point out that this is a lead that Hawkhavn got for us and he should take the credit for it.  I just kept going back to try and complete the deal....oh and to get those bricks of subsonic .22 that they just got in!  :~

Anyone else available?

Quote from: hawkhavn on May 24, 2010, 08:16:41 PM
I can help Saturday, what time is it runing from/to?

Quote from: techres on May 24, 2010, 08:04:42 PM
HELP!

This came together last minute, but did come together.  This weekend MCSports in Bloomington will have a big tent sale and some outside groups have been given permission to setup their own tents and promote their groups. 

I just got confirmation that we will be allowed a spot this weekend on Saturday and Sunday.  I will be able to staff the booth most/all of Sunday, and hopefully Hawkhavn will be able to cover Saturday.  But we could use help and extra hands.

Ed's providing the tent/pop-up.  If someone has a table, that would be great or I guess I will just buy one next door at Lowes.

If you have the ability to come, please PM me ASAP.  If you know someone who can come, please have them PM me ASAP.

This is a great opportunity to promote June, July, and the big 300 shoot at the very least! 

Let me know,
Techres

TBE

Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

hawkhavn

We're all set, the gear is loaded and we'll head out in the morning.  TBE and I will tackle Saturday and Techres will cover Sunday.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

techres

TBE

There are so many great people in our community!  Thanks guys for giving me the chance to find that out.  I hope Sunday goes as well!

TBE
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776