News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Athens May 22-23

Started by Ratchett, May 23, 2010, 10:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

OH MY GOSH!!! Another wonderful Appleseed event. We had one of the greatest group of students that I have ever had the privilege of helping to instruct. What awesome attitudes everyone brought with them and the hunger to learn. My most heart felt thanks to each and every student on the line. Also, I would like to thank the Red hats and IITs who traveled long distances to help AF&G have another successful AS. You sacrifice so much, "thank you" seems inadequate.

Living just 10ish minutes from the range, I know I beat a majority of you home. I would like to share something that welcomed me home tonight:

Nurse Ratchett,

I wish to thank you and the rest of the Staff for the wonderful, wonderful experience that I had Saturday. I regret that I only had the opportunity to have a one day Appleseed. I tried to explain to my wife what it was like, but it like describing a rainbow to a blind man.

Please pass along my thanks to the rest of the team,and a special thanks to the kitchen staff.

I am already putting the word out to friends and family, and plan to bring someone new every time I get to come.

I am looking forward to earning my Rifleman ....

Bill Lewis (Louie) Chillicothe Ohio

I had the honor of working with this gentleman, who shot a 203 on his first Saturday afternoon AQT before leaving for home. I know that a Rifleman patch is in his near future and that he is a man who very well knows what he is about!!

Safe travels for all and God Bless!

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

MeanStreaker

QuoteI tried to explain to my wife what it was like, but it like describing a rainbow to a blind man.

Wow.  

You know, I get asked all the time, "so what's Appleseed?"  That was a really difficult question to answer at the beginning... I've given it a lot of thought so I can try to answer it in 20 seconds or so.... but it's still impossible to capture.  Mostly I just want to smile, shake my head and say, "you have to see for yourself".  

but it's like describing a rainbow to a blind man.

That's about right.

(Julia, I'll start the full AAR here shortly, you'll have to copy all of this over!  And thank you for everything you do.  By the end of Sunday, I was wore out!  Not only were you on the line, working it, all weekend just like the rest of us.  You also were up in the wee hours preparing all of our meals, and cleaning the clubhouse Sun evening.  THANK YOU and everyone else, Becka, Sylvia, Cristina, the Richardsons, George T, Bill, Ralph...... everyone).
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

OhioLeatherneck

Hi there, This is Clint from the Shoot on the weekend... Great time! I learned many things so thank you!

I cant wait to shoot it up again :---

jeep45238

Glad to hear it Clint!  You were really pullin 'em together  O0

See you on the trail (pssst - Gibsonburg, OH this weekend, 500 yard range  ^-^)

You'll be able to see a whole lot more over in our After Action Reports section  :)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13954.0
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

OhioLeatherneck

Quote from: jeep45238 on May 24, 2010, 06:40:54 PM
Glad to hear it Clint!  You were really pullin 'em together  O0

See you on the trail (pssst - Gibsonburg, OH this weekend, 500 yard range  ^-^)

You'll be able to see a whole lot more over in our After Action Reports section  :)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13954.0
awsome! but we have family plans this weekend and I think Dad could use a break   ;D

Ratchett

Love the screen name Clint!!! Good to see you on board. Enjoyed having you and your Dad on the line this weekend. Really look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully, you can make it out to the club and we can get some trigger time.

Keep the Faith
In His Grip,
Ratchett (aka Julia)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

MeanStreaker

Hey Clint, glad you joined the forums!  Hopefully we'll see you and Mike at a shoot very soon.  Keep in touch and let us know any questions you have while dryfiring at home.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

cluck

Hi everyone! Sounds like you all had a great time last weekend. So sorry Steve and I couldn't be there, but our first little grandbaby arrived early, and we had to leave for NC on the double!
Congrats to the new riflemen!
Hope to see you all in July!
Citizen by birth; Patriot by choice!

Ratchett

Cluck,

We missed you! Riley is adorable @) Hope everyone is doing well and we get to see you in July (if not before.) 

Ratchett