News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Proctor,VT May 15 & 16

Started by GMB74, May 22, 2010, 06:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB74

An excellent shoot all the way around!

Staff: Andy in NH, Rifleman_NH (Daniel), Nattybumpo(Nate), Monkeywrench(Evan), Waizen(Willi)

I had never met Andy before this shoot, But I am glad he made the trip over from NH to help out. He is a well-trained Red Hat and I hope to get him back for some of the upcoming shoots. Thank you Andy!

It was good to see and work with Daniel and Nate, as always.

Evan and Willi are new IiT's, this is Willi's first test run as an orange hat. Hopefully I can get him more involved in the program. Time constraints limit how much we can do, I know.

This was the best- prepared group of students I have ever instructed. All had proper equipment and were ready to go.

We had about a dozen shooters on the line. Good tight groups were evident right from the beginning. One Rifleman score on Saturday, (Tim) who shoots with me at our Monday night Mini's at Proctor Fish & Game Club. Many were knocking on the door or close to it.

Three more Riflemen on Sunday, and everyone else was turning in good scores. So, 1/3 of the class shot Rifleman scores! At least one with a bolt rifle! With time and practice I am sure everyone in the class could become a rifleman.

Thank you one and all- staff and students- for a great weekend and great Appleseed.

It was a pleasure working with you all!
GMB74 (Jim)

Andy in NH

Jim teaching the six steps:

Prior to the first Redcoat target:

Rifleman on the first day:

Bolt-gun Rifleman:

Bolt-gun Rifleman (with only 3 - 10 round magazines!)

Straight pull Browning:

The pasta salad was to die for!

Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

GMB74

Thank you for the pix, Andy.

I think everyone had a real good time.