News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Memorial day weekend G'burg

Started by posterboy, May 20, 2010, 09:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

ok folks here is the thread to discuss the up coming appleseed at G'burg.

please come camp with us starting Friday night. We are expecting a GREAT turnout and I hope we can push us over the 40 mark. We have TONS of room for camping and on the line so don't be shy. Just remember that it is primitive ( no running water or electric but we have porta johns ). We also have that awesome 500 yrd line. C'mon don't you want to know that you can actually confirm everything you know at a 1/4 mile ? Those that show up early will get that extra time in plus a great time around the campfire. This is a no brainer. If your coming in Friday just post it here..... or if you need any additional info let me know.

A donation( and quite tasty ) lunch will be served BOTH days. AND WE WILL shoot distance for those that want so bring that center fire or go to the North store on Friday and bring that NEW/used Garand and let her sing .

see you soon !

PB

jeep45238

USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

Gopher Boy

I'll be there about 1500 Friday afternoon.  There have been some rumbling about instructors being able to shoot....  I mean test the line.

G.B.

Gordon

Yeah you guys definitely should ahem "test" the line! And maybe you should test the Cowboy Town with your sidearm too, while you're at it. Heck you might as well break out the centerfires and test the 300 KD too, since it's right there and all.

Seriously: Even though it's my home range, this time around I won't make it out there before noon on Saturday (Dryfire knows this). GB, I'm really glad you're coming out --- glad the line prep and camping is covered. Thanks in advance, to you Posterboy, Ilium and Buttstock (whom I'm sure will be lending substantial help). I'll do my best to make up for it at breakdown time on Sunday.

I'm really looking forward to the event!
-FM

WY_Not

Bringing the wife with me and since she has some appointments in the morning, we don't have a solid departure time yet. Hoping to get out of here by 1 or 2pm. Trying to talk her into shooting but who knows.

Let me know if there is anything in particular I can bring. Otherwise, I'll be bringing the same gear I brought to New Philly.

WY_Not
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

Lisa

Ok here is the menu for Memorial Weekend....

There will be a 5 gallon Igloo with water available all day on each day, there will also be one with Lemonaide in it.

Sat will be: Sloppy Joe's, Baked beans, chips, broccoli bacon pasta salad, potato salad, and our secret desert.

Sunday will be: Swedish meatballs, greenbeans, mashed potatoes, and another secret desert.

I am thinking we are going to have a mixed fruit bowl on one day, but not sure when. Probably on Sunday.

For those who are showing up on Friday to set up camp, please let us know as we are going to be making sure there is something to eat then also.

Instructors, your Instructor meal is a surprise :) So don't ask. Just enjoy it  ..:..

I have had a little bird tell me that there will be a service on Sunday Morning by our Buisness Manager and he is also a Minister at a local church.

Butt Stock's mom finally got her own account...

posterboy

BYOB.....

Bring Your Own Bib !

Dryfire will have his culinary npoa put to test  >:D  Gibsonburg is about to add some "prosperity" to your figure

pb

MeanStreaker

This is going to be a great shoot.  I believe right now the pre-regs are telling us this is a new attendance record for Gibsonburg, isn't it? 

Register while you can!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

posterboy

:~

:~

still room for those who want to attend

pb

jeep45238

Found out last night that I've got some severe car issues that will prevent me from showing up early on Friday - I'll be riding with Dryfire.
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

soontobedeity

My brother and I should be there Friday afternoon. This is our first AS, and we're really looking forward to it!
"And let us remember too that life, in its exuberance, always succeeds in overflowing the narrow limits within which man thinks he can confine it."

Lisa

42 Pre-Regs, and 3 walk ons that I am aware of at this point  ..:..

Gopher Boy

It warms my heart to see that my Ohio family knows the answer to all questions.

and in early 2010 13 Riflemen walked in to a Bar....   **)

It's been 5 months and I'm still laughing... 

G.B.