News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD clinic

Started by bulkhead, May 19, 2010, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulkhead

All,
A KD clinic will be held in Ramseur on July 3/4.  A service rifle shoot starts the day, followed by KD instruction and range time.  IIT's and Instructors are invited.  Please respond by posting to this subject if you will be able to come. 

There'll be some camping and may even be some cabins available with bunks.  We'll plan on a cookout on Saturday evening.  If the family comes there's several attractions in the area from the NC Zoo to a water park in Greensboro. 

Fred has offered to conduct the clinic.  He'd probably accept help if other MI's are willing to volunteer. 

bulkhead
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

Ratchett

Is this open to Ohio IITs too??  Please ::)

Ratchett :D
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

bulkhead

We wouldn't turn anyone away.  There may be a limit at some point, but everyone should be welcome. 

bulkhead
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

Ratchett

Bulkhead,

I am on board! See you in July ^:)^

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

bulkhead

I may have to revise my earlier comment, doesn't look like we'll reach a limit.  So far we have 6 that have expressed an interest, including me and Fred.  But, there's plenty of time for everyone to make their plans and attend. 

bulkhead

Saucy Jack

jmdavis

I think that it's up to 7.

You, Fred, VaShooter, Me, Wade, Nurse Ratchett, Spanner
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Wade

So should I bring the M-1 Garand or the M1a ??? ,,,,,,,,ah heck I sapose I could just bring bolth of em  :cool2:

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Fred

Both is good. Along with extra ammo. In case I run out... **)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Wade

Quote from: Fred on May 22, 2010, 07:52:54 AM

Both is good. Along with extra ammo. In case I run out... **)
Not to worry Fred I will keep you busy with Instructing as My shooting is not as good as I want it to be ,and more importantly my Instuctor skill level is not as Good  as I want it to be  ~~:)

Wade
And yes I tought about this before posting :o
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Earl

My motorcycle tour has North Carolina in that date area. Bring both your rifles Wade, I haven't figured how to put my M1 on the Trusty Triumph yet. Still quiet, rifle shooting wise, here in Oahu. Start calling on phones and knocking on doors later today. ^:)^ I sure do need a KD course and rifle clinic, I keep getting that bruised fat lip. :cool2:
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Fred

Earl, you've got to bring back an AS location in Hawaii - else, why go?  >:D

Would hate to see the trip be a total waste... **)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

kDan

Quote from: jmdavis on May 22, 2010, 12:05:03 AM
I think that it's up to 7.

You, Fred, VaShooter, Me, Wade, Nurse Ratchett, Spanner

I need some b+w pasties and a new sweatshirt so pencil in a "kDa..." 

but only if I also get to drive the truck sometimes and can bring Blue the range dog.

I'll see if I can't get somebody else from up here to come along.  A ten hour drive is a long time alone with the screaming.  :)

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Fred

You might try to hook up with Firewall99, Dangerous Old Woman - even crak - all of whom have rumored to be coming.

Wade

Quote from: Earl on May 22, 2010, 12:19:14 PM
My motorcycle tour has North Carolina in that date area. Bring both your rifles Wade, I haven't figured how to put my M1 on the Trusty Triumph yet. Still quiet, rifle shooting wise, here in Oahu. Start calling on phones and knocking on doors later today. ^:)^ I sure do need a KD course and rifle clinic, I keep getting that bruised fat lip. :cool2:
I might have time to look around for my Rifle scaboard that I made for my old  500 cc triumph, or maybe make you one its a easy thing ,the used to make em for the old Harley 45's .

Wade
WOOF!

BSHRADER

bulkhead

Allright BSHRADER see you there. 

The HP shoot starts about 11:30 Saturday morning. 

bulkhead
Saucy Jack

Lawrence

What a great opportunity. Please include me for the KD clinic.

Lawrence

Fred

Since we seem to be serious about this, let's set 8:30 AM Sat morning as the official start time.

And if anyone can arrive before dark on Friday, post here - maybe we can get an early start...

jmdavis

I plan to be there before dark on friday. But it will probably be "just" before dark unless work becomes a calmer place.

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

iron pony

I signed up on the other forum post for this event but I figured I do it here also,
Count Kirsten and I in for the KD training.   

Fred,

Are we starting Friday night ?

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14192.0
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Carolina Gal

How much ammo do I need to bring and is a .223 powerful enough for the COF or should I borrow something bigger?

Fred

Quote from: iron pony on June 10, 2010, 02:35:03 PM
I signed up on the other forum post for this event but I figured I do it here also,
Fred,

Are we starting Friday night ?
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14192.0

Let's put it this way: The official start time is 8:30 AM Sat morning, but if anyone shows up with daylight remaining on Friday, I daresay none of us will want to waste any time. :)

jmdavis

Quote from: Carolina Gal on June 11, 2010, 08:11:41 PM
How much ammo do I need to bring and is a .223 powerful enough for the COF or should I borrow something bigger?

Others would have to answer the ammo needs for sure but I would think less than 200 rounds. As for caliber .223 should be fine.

GoldFish

Quote from: jmdavis on June 12, 2010, 12:28:34 AM
Quote from: Carolina Gal on June 11, 2010, 08:11:41 PM

Others would have to answer the ammo needs for sure but I would think less than 200 rounds. As for caliber .223 should be fine.

I'm not sure if I'm going or not yet, but I message bulkhead about ammo quantity, and he said that one should bring 59 rounds for the Service Rifle shoot taking place on Saturday, and between 100-200 rounds for the rest of the weekend.  I'd bring 200-250 rounds to be safe, but that's me. :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

The Kid

I might come.  If anyone needs the gate opened on Friday morning I will be willing to come and camp out on Friday for anyone coming early.

TK
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

Fred

This is a KD clinic - a place to learn how to teach KD.

Shooting is optional, and is not the primary reason for the event, but an adjunct for those who want to enjoy some LR practice - and maybe get their LR AQT qualification in progress.

There will be plenty of LR shooting for those with the ammo, but you'll greatly benefit from this as an instructor if you don't fire a shot. (Just like being an instructor at a regular AS. :) :) )

Wade

Well I just don't think I have done enough KD to get good at it (at lest not as good as I want to be) and so far I have not had another Rifleman handy to coach me on it ,,,,but thats me .

Wade
WOOF!

Wade

Danged work is taking me to the left coast ~~:) :wb:,,,,kinda looking like Im out of this one  :wall:,,well at lest im working right  ~~:) .

Wade
WOOF!

jmdavis

In the past week I've spoken to VaShooter, "Naps on Dirt" and Lawrence. We all plan to be there.

txpirate

I will be there.

Stimey told me he would be there too