News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden, MA shoot May 22-23

Started by dwarven1, May 18, 2010, 09:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

OK, here's a few things for this weekend's shoot coming up.

1 - it's in the middle of NOWHERE. There is NO PLACE to get food for miles. The nearest place is at least 15 minutes away. BRING YOUR LUNCH and whatever you want to drink (and since it's going to be 80 on Saturday, bring lots to drink). I will see if we can't get a grill and some hot dogs & chips, though.

2 - GPS co-ordinates are N42 43.904 W72 39.692 (These are the CORRECTED co-ordinates, generated from my GPS in the actual driveway). The range is up at the end of River Road, spitting distance from the VT border. Here is the googlemaps link: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=42.731678,-72.661343&spn=0.009788,0.015256&t=h&z=16 The range is the open area in the center of the map, just south of the border.

3 - River Road is a dirt road. (sign says it's non-maintained road but it's very passable. Just keep your speed down).

4 - The range is all grass covered but no shade. You may want to bring a popup or dining fly to be under for the history portions.

5 - There is NO CLUBHOUSE... just a porta-potty. We'll be outside all day. Please plan accordingly.

6 - There's a 200 yard range, so we should be doing some known distance shooting on Sunday. Bring a center-fire rifle and a spotting scope (if you have one).
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

fprintf

Had a great time today and it was great to meet everyone. I really like the rapid AQT, I was even getting finished with one minute left to go. It just seemed like my cadence and breathing were enabled by a solid NPOA so that each breath I seemed like I was on target so I squeeeeeeeezed the trigger. Next time I do it without the scope.

Thanks to Dwarven1 and everyone for organizing this event. It was really well run. More to come in any After Action reports that are posted.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

luv2Bfree

Here are some pics.  Too bad my camera phone battery died.. would have liked to have gotten a photo of Eric Goodpiper and Chris playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes and flute at dusk on Sunday(accompanied by .30 cal fire from up on the rise on the 100 yard range!)  I just signed up for the September shoot, too!  I'll remember my air mattress... or I can sleep in my car!
"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

dwarven1

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

luv2Bfree

Quote from: luv2Bfree on May 24, 2010, 02:12:17 PM
Here are some pics.  Too bad my camera phone battery died.. would have liked to have gotten a photo of Eric Goodpiper and Chris playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes and flute at dusk on Sunday(accompanied by .30 cal fire from up on the rise on the 100 yard range!)  I just signed up for the September shoot, too!  I'll remember my air mattress... or I can sleep in my car!
"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson