News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kaysville IBC May 15/16 2010 After Action Report AAR

Started by V, May 18, 2010, 06:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

Well, we had one.

Three local instructors and yours truly in Rifleman2000's basement and everyone crashing in his house Sat night.

Numbers made having a mock Appleseed a little difficult, but we'd all been doing the IIT1/IIT2 stuff the previous Kaysville shoot not a few weeks before, so the lack of realism wasn't really a problem. Instead we used the time to discuss the finer points of technique of running the line, keeping things moving, keeping patter and commands distinct, etc. Also included as per JB the Day 4 RBC Advanced Rifleman stuff as well as the IBC KD/AD requirements.

I also fed in some tips and pointers of running a shoot as a Shootboss using the draft shootboss manual, my tips and hints for shootboss supplies, etc, so that we can segue right into SBIT's once they get their Red Hats.

We certainly built some camaraderie for the Northern Utah section. Now just need to get the south integrated and we'll soon have Utah up and running.

I want to thank One-of-Three, Two-of-Three and Rifleman2000 (and his family) for stepping up and yes folks, if you want to reduce the load, get more people involved, Three-of-Three is out there somewhere...

We'll all be back in the saddle again at the June 27 Kaysville shoot.

Cheers
V