News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Heads up to the FL Instructor Corps

Started by caseyblane, May 17, 2010, 09:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyblane

It seems our local Tea Party group up here is pretty serious. They now have an office/headquarters. I received the below mass email this week. This sounds like an opportunity for some type of outreach. Maybe like the school program? I'll be visiting the office soon with flyers.

First Coast Tea Party
We the People.......
A message to all members of First Coast Tea Party

We are looking for experienced educators or experts who can help the First Coast Tea Party by teaching classes on information obtained by our research team.  Our research team gathers information on specific legislation that is being considered or other topics of interest to the America people.

We will be holding classes on various topics and have access to Heritage Foundation's research and background information as well.

These classes will be held at our new headquarters and can consist of topics that you are an expert in as well.  Maybe it is a class on the Constitution, a study on a specific book, or a workshop on political activism, etc.

If you are interested in teaching and helping others learn -- please contact us at the First Coast Tea Party headquarters at (904) 683-3945.  Leave a message if we are not available to answer the phones.  We will call you back as soon as possible.

Thanks and God save the USA -- The Leadership Team of the First Coast Tea Party
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

Fred

Yes, by all means reach out to them - and talk to your SC about the possibility of a shoot for Tea Party people.

And for the local Democrats too (we are non-partisan, remember...).
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

ItsanSKS

Made first contact with them today, left a message with a polite young lady who seemed very interested.

Hope to hear from them soon!

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

caseyblane

Great! The boy and I have a daddy day next Thursday which we plan to use for some 7th stepping.  Let me know if there is anything I can do in person.
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

9mm4545

I am active in our local tea party organization (Putnam County Tea Party Patriots) and we are always looking for interesting new content and speakers for our bi-monthly meetings. Do you suppose that we might be able to give the 3 strikes presentation over the course of three meetings, realizing that the time allotted would necessarily be very limited? Can the first strike be presented in 30 min or less without excess editing of the content? What think you? Despite my best efforts, there are many of our people who will never make it to an Appleseed but who would truly benefit from hearing the story of April 19, 1775. Anyway, it's an idea...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

ItsanSKS

9m4545-

Indeed, the story can be pared down a little bit to fit into the time allotted, and I agree that the message contained therein is important for EVERYONE to hear, regardless if they can make it to an Appleseed or not.

Depending on the scheduling, I may be able to make it to one of the meetings for this effort.  Give me some details, and I'll see what we can come up with.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."