News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Billings, MT - May 15 & 16

Started by TheCount, May 17, 2010, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCount

Another awesome shoot in the books!

Congratulations to our four new rifleman and two new Instructors in Training!

Had twenty-five shooters Saturday and roughly half that number Sunday.

Once again weather was superb and the Blue Creek facility is very, very nice.

I'll post a full write up and pictures once I make it back to Sheridan this evening.

The Countess and I are still on the road having stopped over in Red Lodge last night.   Kinda owed her some one-on-one time to celebrate our anniversary in earnest.    ;)

TheCount

Sorry that I slacked on Saturday and didn't get any pictures.    Just totally spaced grabbing the camera....  Still, here are some pics from Sunday.  Enjoiy!

Blue Creek Shooting Sports - Rifle and Pistol Ranges

Appleseed Project Rifleman Clinic

25m Line

Welcome to the Instructor Corps!

Huzzah!

Zach.   Winner of the Best Attitude Award!

ZACH!  Squeeze the trigger and follow through!

Keep up the good work Kevin.  You'll get it next time.

Congratulations Justin!

Well done, MontanaCrusader!

Wheeler, thanks again for coming.   Couldn't have done it with out you.

Rifleman Patrick.

Shooting out to 125 & 225 yards.

MontanaCrusader, I'm honored to have given you an Orange Hat.  I know you'll do Appleseed proud!

Most of the crew.  Good job everybody!

Pa Rah

It was a great weekend. It was great to meet so many new friends and to see old ones.

The range is about a year old and seemed glad to have an Appleseed.  MontanaCrusader did an excellent job getting the shoot set up and from what I can tell got the word out to the city of Billings and surrounding areas. Not only did he set up the shoot he also shot a Rifleman score on Sunday and accepted his "Orange Hat" as well. And I forgot to mention this was his first Appleseed. Great job MC.  O0

Dan and Stephanie you were great to work with. I have every confidence that if you pratice the Six Steps the next time I see you, you will be proudly wearing the Rifleman patch.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan

glocker21

I want to let Montana Crusader know that I am very proud of his accomplishments in regards to the Billings Appleseed. He did a TON of leg work in an effort to set up a excellent Appleseed. He found an tremendous location and did a great job posting signs leading the way to the range.

Then the fella goes and shoots a Rifleman score, I only wish I could have stayed and witnessed it. He will make a great IIT.

The Blue Creek Shooting Sports Complex was the picture of hospitality. The range facilities are absolutely wonderful and professionally maintained.

I am VERY pleased with the turnout and course of fire progression...a HUGE shout out to The Count and the ever so wonderful Wheeler

I am looking forward to the next Billings Appleseed

Glocker21 sends
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

TheCount

Okay, now that I've caught up on some administrative tasks and tended to my life outside of Appleseed, I've got a few spare minutes to post some comments / thoughts.

First off, a very special, warm, heart felt thank you to The Countess for putting up with my running a shoot on our thirteenth wedding anniversary.    I know that you really had something else in mind when you said you'd like to get away   ::).  Believe it or not you are a big part of my ability to contribute to this organization.   Can't do it with out you.  Next year, I promise, I'm all yours.    You hear that guys?   Be careful about scheduling anything May 15th in WY, MT, or SD.    Well, you can schedule it, but alas, I will be unable to attend.

To all of our participants:  you guys are great!   You are what keep me coming back and wanting to do more shoots.   Officially we had twenty-five shooters on the line Saturday and twelve on Sunday.   Nearly half were juniors.   I really enjoyed everyone's enthusiasm and spirit.   And it showed.  Steady progress throughout both days leading to 4 new Rifleman.    Big shout out to Mark, MontanaCrusader, Justin and Patrick!   Excellent work, keep practicing and I hope to see you at the next one.   

Although we didn't award any Rifleman patches to any of our juniors, all demonstrated effort and skill making them deserving of Young Patriot Patches.   Had a couple kids that were real close to putting all of the pieces together and shooting that elusive 210+.   I'd have to say that with a little more practice you'll get it at the next 'seed.

It bears repeating: Blue Creek is a very, very nice facility.   I look forward to many shoots to come out there.   Can't imagine how nice it will be with a club house in place and a bit longer distances available.    I believe that we sparked some folks to inquire about joining as members... can't say I blame them.   If I lived in Billings I would certainly be joining.

MontanaCrusader, very good work.  You have definitely gone above and beyond what is expected for an Appleseed newbie.   So glad to see you shoot a qualifying score and take up an Orange Hat.    Now, get to work!   Let's get that next one on the schedule.   I believe that the seed has been planted in Billings, I'm sure we'll see a really good turnout next time.

Wheeler, Clodhopper, Pa-rah, Glocker21, mtmsfit, Bru:   excellent work.   It was a pleasure to finally meet you all and I learned a lot working with you.   I hope that this will be the first of many shoots to come.   At the very least I look forward to seeing you at the Regional RBC in September.

The Count

Sie

Quote from: The Count on May 18, 2010, 06:17:18 PM
First off, a very special, warm, heart felt thank you to The Countess for putting up with my running a shoot on our thirteenth wedding anniversary.    I know that you really had something else in mind when you said you'd like to get away   ::).  Believe it or not you are a big part of my ability to contribute to this organization.   Can't do it with out you.  Next year, I promise, I'm all yours.   

Now I don't feel so bad for bringing my wife to a shoot this weekend.  It was our anniversary weekend, too (May 17th).  I share the same sentiments towards my wife with regards to my ability to participate in this organization.  The pictures from your shoot are beautiful.  It's clear they don't call it the land of Big Sky Country for nothing!
"Ramseur 2-10!"

glocker21

I just received this email

"From: GM Armsmen <armsmen3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Appleseed Shoot May 15-16 Billings Montana
To: mt@appleseedinfo.org
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 9:22 AM

Thank you for choosing Blue Creek Shooting Sports to host the recent training shoot. I was impressed with the attention , detail and control exercised with the event. With our facility having limited staff those days per other major events going on same time it was nice to see things running well as they did with little need from range personnel to assist. Please pass this on to all of those involved and we look forward to working with you again in the future.

Mel Armstrong
                                                               Range Manager"

Great jobs guys!!!

Glocker21
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

money."
Charley Reese

Gremlin

I want to say thank you to all the people that made this weekend possible.  My skills increased a hundred fold and although I didn't get my patch.  You can be sure that I'll continue attending until I get it and beyond.  Maybe next time I won't let my rifle down.

glocker21

I am very glad you came to the range to spend some trigger time with us. I am sure your rifle will forgive you, you just need to show her more love buddy    ;D

Glocker21

money."
Charley Reese

MontanaCrusader

Great weekend, thanks to all for outstanding instruction and leadership.  My rifles have all been cleaned, my ammo is restocked, and I am working on Billings Appleseed II.  I look forward to many days of camaraderie and instructional molding.  But, for know....  Back to the IIT boards for study :-\

Thanks again, Count, Wheeler44, Clodhopper, Pa-Rah, Glocker21, mtmisfit, and Bru - you are the greatest

Montana Crusader
"It's the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

rocket

OK Folks!

Here are some new pics. I had my shutter goin' Sat. AND Sunday (no offense Count!).  ^:)^

Attn Wheeler, MC, G21, and more...! PS Finally got the stuck Wolf case out, gave the chamber a bath in my favorite aftershave, H#9, and hammered it out!....

Rocket O0

rocket

Oops!!!
I reduced the image sizes too much in my last post... :sos:
Here are the updated sizes.
Plus, I just found some more of Pa-Rah and Hopper.

Rocket

P.S. Moderator: Feel free to delete the pictures in my last post, as/if needed.