News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NE FL informal liberty training.

Started by caseyblane, May 16, 2010, 11:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyblane

Going to shoot AQTs at Ancient City in the next few weeks. Anyone want to go?
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

gaterloco

Count me in. Are you a range member? I'm not, but I understand I can shoot their two times without a membership.

I can make it on a Saturday or Sunday this month. In mid-June I'm gonna have some time off work and could do it on a weekday.

I purchased 100 AQT targets so I've got that part covered.

caseyblane

I`m not a range member either. I have a few AQTs. I just want to practice some and  rouse up some interest before the next shoot. I prefer weekdays. Post up some dates you are available. Sigshooter was interested too.

gaterloco

Quote from: caseyblane on May 17, 2010, 03:44:17 PM
I prefer weekdays. Post up some dates you are available.

I can't make a weekday in May. I'll check back with you the first of June.

caseyblane

that is fine. I probably can't go until June either.

9mm4545

I'm interested. I live about an hour away from St. Augustine and have done two Appleseed events so far with my best AQT being 247. I want to get to where I can do that every time. Count me in. Weekdays preferred but anytime is OK with me.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

caseyblane

9mm4545

PM me with a time and place and I'll do it. I am not a member of Ancient City but I am a member at Flagler Gun Club near Bunnell and you could be my guest if that would be any better. The rifle range (up to 200 yards) is available most any day, especially on weekdays and the firing line is covered. I am going to speak with our rifle range director about hosting an AS event sometime in early Nov. Come on down and shoot with me.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

TomM1Thumb

9mm4545 I am not a Member of Flagler, But I have a friend Who is, He maybe be one of the People Who You would have to talk to He is Jon H. If you want I will put a Bug in His ear about a Appleseed shoot there!
Let Me know,

TomM1Thumb
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

9mm4545

If you know Jon H., by all means put the bug in his ear. I have emailed and talked at least once to him on the phone. Overall he seems positive on hosting an Appleseed at Flagler. I spoke to the board of the club on Tuesday of this week and I believe we do have the go ahead. I would prefer to use the rifle range as it has a 200 yd berm which we could use on Sunday (as well as a 50 yd berm for use on Saturday). Covered firing line with room for maybe 15-20 shooters. The line is actually 125 ft. long (estimated) but with the 50 yd berm only extending halfway across, the amount of usable space would be less than 125 ft. I have a commitment from the director of the action pistol range (50 yd berm) that we could use that range if for some reason the rifle range were not to be available. Here are some aerial photos of the range: [http://www.flaglergunclub.com/aerial/index.html]. photo 8 for action pistol and photo 11 for rifle range. (sorry, I don't know how to hyperlink this.) The date proposed is the first weekend in November 2010, 6th and 7th I believe. If this works as well as I suspect it will, this could become a more or less regular occurrence (probably quarterly). I will be at the range this weekend to do some hardcore ciphering about the number of shooters we could accommodate and to incidentally test a few primers. And I WILL be spreading the gospel of Appleseed to anyone who will listen.

TomM1Thumb

9mm4545 in picture #10 You can see the range next to the Rifle range it seems to be a 200 Yard range also, Yes it is a little smaller, but it might work for an Appleseed, I think it is also a Pistol range. I will get a hold of Jon I am trying as I type this If this can be made a GO I will try to be there, and Will Help do any thing to help out.

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

TomM1Thumb

9mm4545 Well after everything was said and done I finally got a hold of Jon H, He has told Me that They have set a date of Nov 6-7 for an Appleseed, But then You most likely know that already.

You may not remember But I was there the evening in Silver Springs when You brought home Your Rifleman's badge. You did real well!

If You look at the Picture of You sitting/knelling, with Wiley off to one side You will see someone Prone, behind Him that My friend is Me.

You had a Great night! and I got a 10/22 sighted in!

Tom

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Paine

9mm4545

Were you shooting a somewhat cranky M1 at Appleseed in Silver Springs? If so, I remember you and I remember hearing the "ping" as each clip was ejected and thinking "that is the sound of liberty". It was at that shoot that I decided to get a Garand for myself. I now own a M1 not quite as old as I am. Eventually I will learn to shoot the thing. ;) Unfortunately, the gas cylinder needs some repair as it was causing short-stroking and the lower band is pretty rough so it will be going back to CMP for them to fix it. I borrowed a gas cylinder at the shoot in Gainesville this past weekend and shot enough rounds to confirm that this is a RIFLE! Until I learn how to load and reload it with skill, there is absolutely no risk for me making Rifleman with this gun.

Having a sighted-in 10/22 is always a good thing. Was that what you were shooting at Silver Springs or did you have the Garand? The photo of you behind Wiley is pretty obscure!

I am really looking forward to having our club host an AS event. With luck it won't be hot, raining, sleeting, or plagued with swarms of biting bugs that weekend. As soon as I get the host application signed and returned, look for it to appear on the official AS calender. This one might just sell out so sign up early if you are coming.

TomM1Thumb

9mm4545

No I started Saturday with a marlin model 60, because It had a sling, My girl friend was using the other 10/22. I switched to the 10/22 I sighted in for Sunday, I was Driving a White Chevy Silverado with a lid.

I have shot at Flagler with Jon H, He likes to Shoot My Fulton M1c Garand. Yes I have at least one M1 Garand, had two at Silver Springs, But was going to hold off shooting them till I made Rifleman. One step at a time.

Tom

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Paine