News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yanceyville, NC May 15/16 AAR

Started by bulkhead, May 16, 2010, 08:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulkhead

Great group this month too. 

First is a great big thanks to the instructor team.  Everyone did a great job and learned a lot.  (me especially) SGTMACE decided to accept the orange hat this weekend.  He'll be a great asset to the NC group. 

Instructor team
Lawrence IIT3
Steves4570 IIT
SGTMACE  IIT (new this weekend)

Attendance on Saturday was 10 shooters
Attendance on Sunday was 7 shooters

Sunday was the day with 3 new rifleman; Chris, Jason, and George.  Congratulations for a great job to these three.  Sam and Mike were also closing the gap on the rifleman score.  Expect to see these two back. 

Saturday started out sunny and warm and went to sunny and wilting hot.  I've learned that red is really an instructor color.  I grew up in central Texas where it's hot and this is about as hot as I ever recall in Texas.  It was really miserable here, but we persevered and ended the day on a Red Coat about 5PM.  It didn't get any cooler in the evening.  Sunday started out with Morning Prayer and was cloudy with a little mist, didn't have much sun all day. 

KD KD KD,  We discussed KD, Lawrence and I covered the basics and took everyone to the 120 yd range where everyone shot 10 rounds to show that the Appleseed instruction applies to any distance.  Since everyone shot a 22 of some type that's what we shot at KD.  No one had really considered shooting a 22 at 100 or so yards so it was an eye opener.  Steve brought out his M1A, I brought the Garand and we gave everyone a turn at a centerfire.  A good time was had by all.  There wasn't too much flinching, blinking and jerking. 

Each Instructor shot an AQT on Sunday. 

Hope everyone that attended will post and add to this quick report
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

steves4570

This just go's to show, that Yanceyville is the place to be. :bow: We had a great group of shooters, that came with the best attitudes for learning. Also very good bunch of instructors.  Steve :~

sgtmace

Had a great first AS as an IIT. This event was a sterling example of not only what we teach, but what we learn from each other and our students. Everyone present was eager to learn and earn their "Rifleman's" patch. Even if it was a tad warm. Great job and a great time for all.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry