News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

QUIET FLORIDA

Started by hornblower, May 14, 2010, 09:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornblower

It seems like we can go for days with no new posts on the Florida State Board.

I get lonely for some of that Appleseed communication.

Got my Marlin 795 in Stainless Steel.

I put a set of Tech Sights on it, sling swivels, and a GI Sling.

I have been practicing dry firing every day in preparation for the May 29-30 Appleseed in Myakka, my second, and at that location.

Still waiting for a shipment from Fred's - 3 weeks have passed since I placed the order on April 24.

I want that shooting jacket in time for Appleseed on the 29th.

Is anybody out there?

Fred

Horn, PM your name, and I'll find out what the delay is...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

hornblower

caseyblane

Hi, Hornblower.
I understand and sometimes feel the Appleseed loneliness. I look forward to the next shoot up here. I'm in Jacksonville/St. Augustine. I read the FL posts almost daily, though I don't say much.  I think there are a lot of folks involved with the program who don't use the forum. I felt like the forum was promoted pretty well at the last event I went to. The activity on the forum seems to have actually picked up since April 17/18.

Are you on Facebook? I've got a Florida Appleseed Project page going trying to attract new folks to the program.

I've shot a black Marlin 795 at both Appleseeds I've been to. As long as I run CCI mini mag through it, it performs flawlessly. I added the tech sights too, but just have a hasty sling. I noticed Dick's Sporting Goods has them for $99 again. Tempted to buy another one.
Casey

"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

Fred

Quote from: caseyblane on May 14, 2010, 11:16:23 PM
I read the FL posts almost daily, though I don't say much.

That, of course, makes for a quiet board...

casey, if you will take up an Orange Hat, your speechless days will be over! O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

NHale

Quote from: caseyblane on May 14, 2010, 11:16:23 PM

I've shot a black Marlin 795 at both Appleseeds I've been to. As long as I run CCI mini mag through it, it performs flawlessly. I added the tech sights too, but just have a hasty sling. I noticed Dick's Sporting Goods has them for $99 again. Tempted to buy another one.
Casey

I have a few 795s I am going to polish. They choke on bulk ammo and I'm too cheap for CCIs.
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

hornblower

[/quote]

I have a few 795s I am going to polish. They choke on bulk ammo and I'm too cheap for CCIs.
[/quote]

So far, I have only shot Lapua Midas + through the Marlin, maybe 200 rounds or so.

I have not had a single problem.

I have a bunch of Federal from K-Mart that I will have to try to see how the rifle handles it.