News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Lisbon May15 and 16 Great weather in the forecast.

Started by dragonfly, May 14, 2010, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

It all starts here, more to come :~.

See you all up there.

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

10 determined students

Range complete with the North Bridge

Karl accepts the orange hat

Looks good!

We made good use of the classroom generously offered for our use.  Thanks to M & M range for hosting Appleseed.

Deacon frames "the test". 

Fine Americans, honoring the men and women of April 19, 1775; when marksmanship met history and American Heritage was born.

Thanks all for coming out.  Looks like EVERYONE is coming back tomorrow. 

I don't know about you, but I'm tuckered out.  $$-0

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

kilogulf59

OUTSTANDING....I'm up and rarrin' ta go...(aches en pains en all...)

Matt and Gina were so wound up about the shoot, so far, they chewed their Ma's and Grandma's ear off explaining it...and G/Ma has Alzheimer's. I'm hoping Matt makes Rifleman today and Gina too...As for myself, I hope I make it through the day...LOL

Great people, fantastic instruction, and a superb education of the birth of our great republic. Thank you AS'ers!

George63

------------------------------

Mogget

More pictures...

The New Lisbon firing line with Lake Appleseed, proud home of one saucy muskrat, in the background:

Moat with bridge...

Some fine folks:

Old Glory!

5 Riflemen and another WI IIT already at work calling the line. O0  Congratulations all. 
Last pic is Scott, who joined us on Sunday, which gave us 100% return rate PLUS 1.  ^:)^

It was an honor to spend the weekend with you. 

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

kilogulf59

Another fantastic event people. I'd like to personally thank D-fly, colycat. old glory, Trisha, deacon, moggs, Tom, and Karl for an outstanding training session (sorry if I forgot anyone).

I am very proud of all those skilled folks that made rifleman, five I believe, out-friggin'-standing people. Now, if you will forgive a proud father his moment, I am really proud of my son Matt who made rifleman Sunday morning and shot a perfect Redcoat in the afternoon. This was his first event and not his last. He hasn't stopped talking about it (neither has the rest of us  O0) and was working with Gina outback this morning...as if they didn't shoot enough this weekend.

I told him that I and many others taught him about life, right and wrong, patriotism, and shooting. Appleseed was a great addition to and microcosm of that education and now, perhaps, he should think about paying back the debt, about his duty to pass on the knowledge, his responsibility to teach what he knows to others who don't. I believe in my heart he'll step up soon. He did great coaching Gina, I know I watched and listened (and so did all of the red hats - thank you - especially OG and Moggs). I know they and I are on the AS train now and don't want to get off...thank you all.

Gina can taste Rifleman and she's determined to get it...she will too if I know her.

Great people, great weather, great times, and a truly great program....

dragonfly

What a great shoot. Good weather, a GLORIOUS weekend spent with fellow Americans.

Congrats to 5 new Riflemen; Joe, Matt, MRC, Derek, and Robb and the rest of you who are so close practice, practice and we hope to see you all on the trail soon.

Congratulations to Karl in taking the orange hat O0

dragonfly  Keeping the faith

K.I.S.S.

lilkilogulf

Thank you to all the instructors this weekend.  I would like to give a special thank you to the instructors who really put their time in with me, Mogget and Old Glory.  THANK YOU.  The one on one instruction helped me to get a better understanding of what I did right, but especially what I need to work on.  I will NEVER quit trying and believe me when I say, I WILL keep trying until I get it.  ;)  See you all again at Lodi this October, maybe sooner.

M.R.C.

Awesome weekend!

I really want to thank our shoot boss Dragonfly, he ran a flawless shoot.

Also, a big thank you to Colycat and Old Glory for loaning me their LTR  O0 O0 O0 O0, which helped to finally push me over the hump to Rifleman!  :---

Also, here is a link to an AAR on another forum, with some pictures myself and my wife took........

http://kilogulf59.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=asp&thread=2935&page=1

JoeZ

Good job Matt. I had to show Brenda you picture as soon as I saw it.  O0
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

AuntieBellum

Thank you, everyone, for such a great weekend.  I definitely enjoyed my first Appleseed.  Thank you to all the instructors for your help, and congrats to all the Riflemen!  Robb and I are getting signed up for our second Appleseed in Indiana at the end of June and hope to bring my dad along, so we're looking forward to another great experience and hopefully I'll walk away with a badge just like his.   ;D
Thanks!

~Amy

And here's a link to the AAR Robb posted in another forum:  http://ingunowners.com/forums/appleseed/91522-aar_new_lisbon_wi_appleseed_may_15-16_2010_a.html
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Trisha

What a great weekend! The weather seemed perfect, and we managed even with the ground a little soggy, and having to cross the north bridge to get from the firing line to the prep line, and back.

Throughout the weekend, I saw improvement from everyone. Everyone persevered and the perseverance continued when everyone showed up on sunday, along with an extra person. I have never been to an Appleseed where all shooters came back on sunday, and I am very happy I was able to attend this one. Truly congrats to everyone. I know the bed probably felt extra comfortable on sunday, but you all got up and made it back.

Congratulations to all of the Riflemen, Joe, Derek, MRC, Matt, and Rob.

I hope to see you all again at another Appleseed really soon!!!

Old Glory!

Lilkilo, Auntiebellum; Welcome to the forum!  You were both excellent students.  You worked hard and all that work will be reflected as you continue to practice.  

Christina, glad you could be there, as well as Lynda stopping by.  Go TEAM KILO!  Hope to see a lot more of ya'll!

D-fly/Coly, thanks for the known distance discussion on Sunday afternoon.   Good overview.  Hope it planted a few seeds, and that everyone has a chance to experience it.  Suamico, Shiocton, Racine, LaCrosse, (Lodi?)

Rimshot

I'm a little late registering for the forums but...

Thanks everyone for my introduction to Appleseed.  I had a great time and learned so much I never knew.  AuntieBellum and I haven't talked about anything else for the last week!  We've told everyone we know about it and hope to introduce friends and family to the experience.  We're already signed up for our next 'Seed (with two family members hopefully in tow) and looking for ways to get involved here in Indiana.  Again, thank you to all the instructors.

-Robb
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

dragonfly

Welcome to the Appleseed forum Rimshot. Hope to see you and AuntieBellum at another Appleseed soon. O0
IN is a great place for Appleseeding.

dragonfly Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Old Glory!

Quote from: Rimshot on May 24, 2010, 01:53:50 AM
I'm a little late registering for the forums but...

Thanks everyone for my introduction to Appleseed.  I had a great time and learned so much I never knew.  AuntieBellum and I haven't talked about anything else for the last week!  We've told everyone we know about it and hope to introduce friends and family to the experience.  We're already signed up for our next 'Seed (with two family members hopefully in tow) and looking for ways to get involved here in Indiana.  Again, thank you to all the instructors.

-Robb

Never too late to register on the forum.  Glad you made it Robb; to the WI Appleseed, and to your final AQT score on Sunday.  Congratulations. 

Thanks for the post over on the Indiana forum, Auntiebellum.   I imagine Hawkhavn, Techres, Bill3 and the rest of the Indiana crew will be happy to pass you some buckets to help bail. 

O0