News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Lisbon (M&M's)

Started by kilogulf59, May 12, 2010, 10:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilogulf59

How are we looking for New Lisbon? We should have nice weather and three kilogulf's attending...

Incidentely, here's the weather link if anyone's concerned: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=43.8791,-90.1654

SamD

Still 6 openings on the line KG
Please beat the bushes for them, they are out there somewhere.

kilogulf59

Man I have been Top...

6 openings! Man oh man...

I have an idea...there's a forum for SE Wisconsin. It's mainly buy/sell/trade but does have an events board. I'll join and post about AS and the New Lisbon shoot...we'll see.

kilogulf59

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

M.R.C.

I will be there!

I tried to convince a co-worker or two to come along, but they decided they'd rather go turkey hunting this weekend.......

People can come to just watch and not shoot, correct? My wife may want to come, but she can't shoot since she had surgery recently and can't currently do any of the shooting positions since she's still healing. But, she would like to see what the program is all about and hear the history stuff............

dragonfly

Quote from: M.R.C. on May 12, 2010, 10:34:27 PM
I will be there!

I tried to convince a co-worker or two to come along, but they decided they'd rather go turkey hunting this weekend.......

People can come to just watch and not shoot, correct? My wife may want to come, but she can't shoot since she had surgery recently and can't currently do any of the shooting positions since she's still healing. But, she would like to see what the program is all about and hear the history stuff............
Yes, anyone is welcome to watch. She will get some good history as well O0.

K.I.S.S.

M.R.C.

Good deal!  O0

Will anyone have slings available for purchase tomorrow? I seem to have lost my GI one someplace.........

Old Glory!

I ran out of slings for sale, but have an extra one you can borrow for the weekend. :) 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

dragonfly

I talked to Mike at M & M's and our next Shoot will be Aug. 7 and 8 2010 O0. I just need to make it official ;D. Should be done in next couple days.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

kilogulf59

I'm in and I'm certain I wont be the only kilogulf out there...

"Onward to the North bridge lest yea beith a friggin'-ith Torry"

Old Glory!

**)

D-fly; what do you think about the capacity at M & M's.  Should we modify it when we send it to SavageShootr?

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

dragonfly

Squeeeeeeze them in tight &) ^:)^   15?

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

kilogulf59

Maybe more if the muskrat don't mind... ;)

dragonfly

How about we build a dock. A floating line, I like it ^:)^ Just kidding, not good for safety :-[

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

kilogulf59

just give the guys on the far end these suits...

dragonfly

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

That would be a tough in prone.

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

kilogulf59

yeah and it would scare the hell out of Gina's muskrat friend too...  :D

kilogulf59

One of the gents, with the bolt-action tuber who made Rifleman, was a member of a gun club near M&Ms. He was supposed to talk to a redhat regarding his club hosting an AS. Did that ever happen?

hillbilly

I am still trying to work out some dates with the gun club, you will know more when I know more.

Trisha

Quote from: hillbilly on June 30, 2010, 04:01:04 PM
I am still trying to work out some dates with the gun club, you will know more when I know more.

Derek is that you?

hillbilly

kilogulf59

What's the current status of the Aug 7-8 shoot?

Old Glory!

Trisha

well Derek, welcome to the forum! I hope you are able to make it to the next New Lisbon Appleseed! and then maybe we will see an Orange Hat on you...  ;)

Trisha

I have emailed the Juneau County's newspaper about the AS event occurring in a couple of weeks. I am crossing my fingers and hoping they will post it in their community calendar! I also want to thank kilogulf for stepping up and doing some promotions in that area, I do hope it helps get more people to sign up for this event!! But just because kilo has done a great deal of work, this doesn't mean everyone else can slack off! Lets get 7th-stepping, so the line gets filled in August

Trisha

I already got a response back from the sports reporter that this event will be posted in the Wednesday's paper! That was easy everyone, and I do hope I can get people to step up and do this kind of promo since I am not sure how much time I will have once my baby comes in two months...

dragonfly

Thanks Trisha, Good Job   O0  I think one of the local papers talked about doing an article on the shoot. Mike of M and M's was talking about it back in May, But I can't remember the name of the paper.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Hello Everyone, Aug.7 and 8 New Lisbon shoot is up to 11 pre regs. as of 8/3. Good job in getting the word out.  O0 O0

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.