News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

INSTRUCTORS NEEDED!

Started by ItsanSKS, May 11, 2010, 01:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Fellow Appleseed Instructors and Instructors-In-Training:

We have a number of events coming up that are perilously low on instructor participation, including Pensacola, and Ft. Lauderdale.

There are plenty of IIT's that need avancement, and plenty of fresh RI's that need SBIT experience.  Please help out the rest of the Florida Instructor Corps by signing up for these events and give your fellow instructors a much needed break.  We've got a full schedule of events this year, and we're all going to have to pitch in to get them all staffed without burning out. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ThaiFighter

If anyone else is heading to Pensacola that will be leaving from or passing through Tampa/St PEte, I will see if I can get that Friday off or at least leave early enough that we can get there at a decent hour...
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

hornblower

All the more reason to run several RBC's.

Got to have input (students) to get output (instructors).

Heimdhal

I havent qualified rifleman, but hopefully I will at the end of this month in Myakka.

If I dont though, I would really like to help out anyway I can with the Ft Lauderdale shoot.  Im glad to have one that is less than an hour away, and would like to do whatever I can, in any capacity, to help the first one get kicked off right, and all the ones after that.  If theres jobs for non-instructers-in-training, let me know and I'll be there as long as I'm not working.

PHenry

Heimdal,
I will be sb at the upcoming Myakka event and we'll work to help you get that coveted patch so that you can step up to IIT. Even if it takes more than a single try (3 events is about average), you can always help out as a "blue hat" helper and line safety officer.

As an all-volunteer org - we never discourage help of any kind. Speaking of which, please see the attached flier and maybe you can print some out and pass them out to raise attendance at the Myakka event. Appleseeds always needs help getting the word out!

Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting and working with you,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ThaiFighter

Heim'll get it...

you HAVE been dry firing and working on that NPOA right ? ;)

Breathe IN, Breathe OUT, SQUEEZE, HOLD BACK!!!,  Breathe IN, RESET, Breathe out, Pause, SQUEEZE, HOLD BACK!!! :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Heimdhal

Quote from: PHenry on May 20, 2010, 05:07:09 PM
Heimdal,
I will be sb at the upcoming Myakka event and we'll work to help you get that coveted patch so that you can step up to IIT. Even if it takes more than a single try (3 events is about average), you can always help out as a "blue hat" helper and line safety officer.

As an all-volunteer org - we never discourage help of any kind. Speaking of which, please see the attached flier and maybe you can print some out and pass them out to raise attendance at the Myakka event. Appleseeds always needs help getting the word out!

Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting and working with you,
PHenry

Sorry for the late response:

If I dont get IIT this time around, I'd gladly done a blue hat and help out where I can at upcoming events.  Thai Fighter will kick my butt if I dont practice my dry fires and get that patch though,  ~~:) so I have little choice in the matter: I MUST get that patch!

Ive been passing some other, general AS flyers out localy, at 2A meetings (Second Amendment Coalition of South Florida) and gun shows/shops etc.  We may just have some new shooters this month at Myakka and definitley alot of interest at the july shoot in Ft Lauderdale.  I'll gladly print these up as keep handing them out as well.  Thanks for the file!

Now I must go practice my NPOA.  I think I just saw a rather tall man in a Tampa Electric uniform outside my window...and Im nowhere near Tampa.... :sos:

hornblower

Heimdal

I will also be at the AS in Myakka this coming weekend.  It will be my second, and I really want to qualify and don the orange hat.

I have been practicing my dry firing, NPOA, and use of the sling.

Today, I received my Sub 2000 carbine back from Kel-Tec and I had the chance to shoot it.

I used the 6 steps and I really shot well.

I am anxious to see how it translates to the AQT at 25yds.

I look forward to meeting you next weekend.