News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"Junior" Questions and Answers

Started by Butt Stock, April 23, 2010, 01:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butt Stock

There are more and more teen orange hats that am hearing of but I only seen a few of them. The question is where is all the teen orange hats in the northern part of the country. But on the subject dose any one know how many teen orange hats there are in the country.

But There is another thing there are so many kids that shoot but I never see them on the line. From what I heard Fred wants to have more kids in the Appleseed then older generation because we will have to take care of the country when they are gone. The real question is when will I see more kids on the line then older people.

Butt Stock

Read "Reply # 6" before posting!
Thanks,
Western Rose

Evenstar

I've been curious about this as well, so I'm checking into it.

Pardon me Moderators. :cool2: Not exactly a "My Trail" story... :-[

SOM! ::)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

The Machine

QuotePardon me Moderators.  :cool2: Not exactly a "My Trail" story... :-[

SOM!  ::)
ES, I think it would qualify as "trail mix".  :D  You younger folks are really doing a great job, and I hope your ranks continue to swell. Us "geezers" need your help...the ol' gas tank won't remain full forever.  ;D
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

mtclip

Wait a second.  Do you have to be 18 to get a red because i'm only 12 and I'm thinking about getting an orange hat but I won't be able to get a red hat until 8 YEARS from now!!!!!!11  :wb:
When the going gets tough, the tough grab their rifles.

Evenstar

You can get an orange hat at 12. There are probably 5 other kids who were 12 when they got them, including my brother.
As far as the red hat, you can get it when you are 16. Only four more years for you. Plenty of time to progress through the IIT levels! :cool2:
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

GoldFish

Quote from: Evenstar on May 07, 2010, 11:00:15 AM
You can get an orange hat at 12. There are probably 5 other kids who were 12 when they got them, including my brother.
As far as the red hat, you can get it when you are 16. Only four more years for you. Plenty of time to progress through the IIT levels! :cool2:

You can get a Red Hat when you are 16, but you CANNOT become a Shoot Boss until the age of 21.  I agree with this policy 100% for liability reasons.  We have a "rule" in Ohio that no one can receive a RH until they are 18, so I still have another year-and-a-half before I can get mine.  :-\  

---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Western Rose

This is a new place to ask "kid" related questions. :cool2: The above posts were moved from, "My Appleseed Trail".

Anyone can ask a "kid" related question.

Instructors, with the answer, feel free to answer the questions that come up!

Thanks,
WR
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

i also got my orange hat when i was 12  :)
and yes you cant get shoot boss till 21
A child teaching another child to shoot.  What more could you ask for?
Guns don't kill people, people kill people!!!

Bill of Rights

Huh. Learn something new every day. I had never seen a minimum age to Red Hat, but I remembered 18 to SB. Does anyone have a pointer to where this info is found?

Thanks in advance and even though the only one of you I've met in person is .5, you are all awesome!

Blessings,
Bill
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

Western Rose

Quote from: Bill of Rights on May 30, 2010, 06:24:23 AM
Huh. Learn something new every day. I had never seen a minimum age to Red Hat, but I remembered 18 to SB. Does anyone have a pointer to where this info is found?

Thanks in advance and even though the only one of you I've met in person is .5, you are all awesome!

Blessings,
Bill

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11565.msg95758#msg95758 is where ages were "announced".

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Mr. Clean

I'm curious to know the youngest age at which a rifleman score was shot.  This can be encouraging to both junior shooters working on rifleman as well as us "old timers".

GoldFish

Quote from: Mr. Clean on June 01, 2010, 06:45:49 PM
I'm curious to know the youngest age at which a rifleman score was shot.  This can be encouraging to both junior shooters working on rifleman as well as us "old timers".

To my knowledge, the youngest person to shoot a Rifleman score is Leah Richardson.  She shot a 232 last year at Knob Creek, KY.
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

Western Rose

Quote from: GoldFish on June 01, 2010, 08:37:59 PM

To my knowledge, the youngest person to shoot a Rifleman score is Leah Richardson.  She shot a 232 last year at Knob Creek, KY.

How old is Leah?

50th Appleseed

GoldFish

Quote from: Western Rose on June 01, 2010, 09:01:51 PM

How old is Leah?

Duh! ++)  That was dumb. 

At the time, Leah was 10 years old.

Western Rose

Quote from: GoldFish on June 01, 2010, 09:11:26 PM
Quote from: Western Rose on June 01, 2010, 09:01:51 PM

How old is Leah?

Duh! ++)  That was dumb. 

At the time, Leah was 10 years old.

I THINK I heard of one 9 year old. I can't say for sure. But that's what I remember hearing.

50th Appleseed

Butt Stock

that is crazy. we had a 10 year old going in the low 200's it shocks me  :cool2:  to see 10 year old's do that.

any how is there any JR. IIT's that are intrested in HI power shooting. why i ask is i am getting in to it more and more because i shot a HI power clinic a couple weeks ago and i did rill good. i will say it is way diffrent form appleseed shooting in a way.

BS

mtpatriot

Here's a fun photo to add to your photos of kids. This was taken in Boulder, MT at the June 5-6 AS.
Those who value individual freedom must be willing and able to defend it. The better we are prepared, the less likely it will be necessary. The future of freedom resides in our youth.

LawDog

I see lots of pics showing kids shooting with a scope.  Is that typical?  Is there a preference for iron sights?  Thanks.

GoldFish

Quote from: eliska on September 02, 2010, 10:35:05 AM
I see lots of pics showing kids shooting with a scope.  Is that typical?  Is there a preference for iron sights?  Thanks.

Most of the children we see at Appleseeds aren't shooting there own rifles; the rifles usually belong to there parents or friends.  From what I've seen, most do use scopes.  Typically, based on what I've seen, it's easier for children to shoot more accurately with scopes, especially at Appleseeds.

dart67eb

My son Pete shot a 224 at Canton, MS this March.  He was 10yrs, 3 mos.  Pics on the AAR.  He was using a Marlin 795 with a cut down stock.  He used a Davey Crickett at previous Appleseeds.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Dougum

My apologies for being ignorant, but how again do you get an orange hat? I have wanted to become a Junior instructor for a while and would love to know. Thanks O0
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Bolt Gunner on November 07, 2010, 10:43:34 PM
My apologies for being ignorant, but how again do you get an orange hat? I have wanted to become a Junior instructor for a while and would love to know. Thanks O0

Send a PM to your last Shoot Boss.  They'll lead the way!

Thank you!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Dougum

Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

DBoller

What's the highest score a junior has ever shot on an AQT to make rifleman. DBoller

Western Rose

I think the highest score is 248 by Ishy.  O0 :cool2:

50th Appleseed

DBoller

I just wanted to know because I'm twelve and this past weekend on Sunday I shot 248 twice along with 244 and 247. Thanks alot,DBoller   

GoldFish

That's some really good shootin' there!!!

Quote from: DBoller on April 05, 2011, 11:01:48 PM
I just wanted to know because I'm twelve and this past weekend on Sunday I shot 248 twice along with 244 and 247. Thanks alot,DBoller   

DBoller

Quote from: GoldFish on April 06, 2011, 01:27:52 PM
That's some really good shootin' there!!!good shootin' there!!!

Thanks!!!

DBoller

Sorry about that my computer is acting up. David

Blue Five

Quote from: DBoller on April 05, 2011, 11:01:48 PM

Great shooting!!  O0 O0
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :---