News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

In loving Memory of a great man...Our State Coordinator Has passed..OKIEWINNO we

Started by oldgrunt, May 07, 2010, 01:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgrunt

AS of 1800 hrs tonight Don Passed away in his home after a long battle with his health..I have Talked to him this week.He did say that the last shoot put him under..As it did to a few others..

I kinda at a loss for words He was my strong arm help in the state.Dont know what we will do with out the old man around..He was a hard Charger and was a very Dangerous old man.He was only with us for A year Badlands was his First Appleseed and it seems to be the last one we will ever have with him..?????????BY god  you'll get that purple patch my friend..lol He was one of the few that realy wanted them here in Oklahoma...

Scarecrowe and Jim are his childhood friends we need to open our hearts to these men...Its times such as these we need to come together..With that said I will see when the graveside service will be ...I hope a few of you will come out to see our brother off ...He was a man of god and a great shooter...Plz let us use this thread to remeber Don and share what he has done for us over the short time we had him..As a SC he was great he would ring a phone drop a email at a drop of a hat...lol And there are a few that can contest to that  but he got the work done..Dont know where I will find another pitbull to back us lol..

I will find a picture of him to post He was a great man.But this prgram is full of guyz just like him..I just hope someone of the same mud will step up and fill his shoes...

One last thing this past appleseed at badlands was his last time he would be with his grandson..I just hope we made that Appleseed one that will always be with his grandson..They were having the time of there lives.I will close with this .Don was aman that knew what he was about..A true Rifleman..Love you brother  
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

ItsanSKS

While I never had the pleasure of meeting Don, it saddens my heart to know that yet another of our fellow Appleseeders has gone to the firing line in the sky. 

Prayers are being sent for the family and friends. 

I humbly suggest that those that are able attend his funeral/wake, and pass the condolences and remembrances that are sure to be shared here. 

If there be a need, let us know, so that those that are able may contribute. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

The Machine

I never met the man, we corresponded a couple times, and he seemed to have big plans for OK. I hate to hear of things like this...I'm sure he'll be dearly missed. My deepest sympathy and condolences goes out to Don's family and friends.
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

4merUSMC1803

Don,
Although I never had the honor of meeting you on this side of the firing line, I want to take this brief time to Thank You! for your service to our Nation and Thank You! again, for your service to Appleseed.  I hope to see you at the changing of the guard referenced in the last verse of our Marines' Hymn:

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines

May you have Fair Winds and Following Seas...
Semper Fidelis.

To the OK Appleseed Team and Don's family, my condolences and heartfelt prayers for the loss of a Brother in Arms.
Darrell
D Lawley

Josey Wales

..The New York Appleseed Family sends out its deepest condolences..
........Respectfully, Josey Wales..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

oktx

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and close friends.

I knew Don only briefly from the two Appleseeds I've been to but my memory of him was that he was very patient with my million questions, quick to give encouragement and always had a kind word or smile to share.

Fred

Our second to fall...in Appleseed service.

Our second...but not our last.

If we are true to Appleseed, we are all destined to "fall in Appleseed service".

Think about it.

It's not such a bad thing to have said of ya...

The personal loss is great, and for that I offer my condolances to all affected.

The "falling in Appleseed service"? We should all hope that one day, it will be said of us... O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Scarecrow

oldgrunt

We will be meeting up in Shawnee at the blackburn Baptist church.The funeral starts at 3 pm.We have been invited to eat at 1330.I hope to see a few of you there could use all the shooters we can get ..I know we have 308 and 223 blanks..Call me anytime 580-278-6098

we have extra rifles if someone wanted to get in on this chance..He was the 2nd Appleseed Instructor to pass..Should be a nice tribute to a ole Jarhead..
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

Wade

Our Deepest condolences from  the Pacific North West contingent.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

oldgrunt

Thank you ....I cant find many words to say what this meant to many..I truly was in the company of riflemen today..Great Job to all that came to see our brother off.Wow you guys looked good hope we dont need to do this anytime soon but if so I hope I have you all there beside me ...Here are a few pictures I'm sure there are way more out there ..The Pastor had nothing but great things to say ..God bless and Don we knew you were there the birds were flying high above .....

OG ..out
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

bratch

Well crap, I just saw this.

I spoke with Don when we first started getting the OKC shoot rolling this spring and again quite abit during the shoot.   He was a great guy and I'm saddened to hear about his passing.

JuniperLimb

Just saw this too.  I was honored to get to meet Don earlier this year.  That first picture posted really says it all.  He's standing there helping my son who had frustrated himself to the point of tears.  (Kiddo was upset that he wasn't shooting perfect targets right away.)  He helped to calm him down and get him back in the frame of mind to shoot.  He spent a lot of the weekend giving my son gentle coaching and encouragement.  Because of Don's encouragement that first moment, my son enjoyed the weekend and came home with lots of new skills. 
Don even loaned my husband a rifle when the one he brought gave him trouble. 
Don really blessed our lives on that first Appleseed weekend.