News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

You're all invited to my law school graduation and party to follow

Started by henschman, May 06, 2010, 01:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

To all of my Appleseed brothers and sisters:

You are cordially invited to the University of Oklahoma College of Law Class of 2010 Convocation Ceremony in Oklahoma City, and a party to be held afterward at my parents' house in Perkins (near Stillwater).

The Convocation Ceremony will be held at the Oklahoma City Civic Center Music Hall, located at 201 N. Walker in downtown Oklahoma City, at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 15, 2010.  

Food and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) will be provided for the party at my parents' house.  PM me if you would like to come, and I will send you the address and directions.  You may also call me on my cell at 405-880-0506.

You are welcome to come to either or both of the events -- whatever is most convenient for you.  I look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards,
Daniel Hensch
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

hawkhavn

Please accept my personal congratulations on graduating from Law School and I hope to shake your hand on the Trail some day.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

V

Quote from: hawkhavn on May 06, 2010, 08:18:36 PM
Please accept my personal congratulations on graduating from Law School and I hope to shake your hand on the Trail some day.

HH
Likewise, especially if your parents house survives the gatecrashers after advertising a party on a public board on the internet which even non-registered guests can see  ;)

I'd have said PM me for details if attending...

Cheers
Phil

desertrat144

QuoteQuote from: hawkhavn on Today at 17:18:36

HH
Dan,
This goes for me too.  Congratulations on your accomplishment, an attorney that is grounded in true American traditions will be a formidable opponent to any maleficents and other miscreants out there!  O0

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Josey Wales

..What an Honor to hear!!.. Everyday more and more proof there is, on the quality of The Appleseed Family..
..Congratulations...................Good Luck..............&.......God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................
..oh, and one more thing.................Strength & Honor........................always....................................
.......................................A happy, Josey Wales........................................................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

jacques

Congratulations!!!   ^:)^  That is a big accomplishment.  O0
Two Words-Meriams Corner

henschman

Thank you all!  Appleseed really helped make law school bearable.  

I edited the original post... it no longer has my parents' address and the directions to their house.  You can PM me or call me at the above-listed number for that information.

I have my cell number posted in the public domain enough on this forum already that I'm not too worried about it.  I figure if it helps a few more people come to an Appleseed, its worth it.

See you all there... we'll raise a toast to the memory of Don Bell, a truly great man.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Scarecrow

Longshot

Dan,

Congrats and well done!

Now, you know, this country could stand a little defense and salvation by an Appleseed lawyer....   O0

Stay true,

Longshot
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney