News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

(another) NEW RANGE! IN S. FL!

Started by ItsanSKS, May 03, 2010, 04:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Well Folks, IT FINALLY HAPPENED!  WE NOW HAVE A RANGE IN SOUTH FLORIDA.

The owner/operator of "Pops Gun Club" near Fort Lauderdale, FL just sent me a completed Host Application, with a suggested date of July 3rd and 4th for their debut event.  What could be more patriotic than spending the weekend at the range, honoring the men and women who made this country possible?

This event should be on the schedule within a few days.  WATCH CLOSELY, as there is only room for 25 shooters, and this event will likely sell out FAST! 

If there are any questions, post 'em up, and I'll answer them as best as I can.

You can visit their website here: www.popsrange.com

HUZZAHH!  HUZZAHH!  HUZZAHH!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Heimdhal

Wow, I am so glad to see this happen.  ;D

Being in palm beach county, the closest appleseed was Myaka.  Great folks out there and Im planning on heading back for the memorial day weekend shoot, but 4 hours is a bit of a drive.

Ft lauderdale is much closer and I would love to come out for the very first appleseed shoot and hopefully, just hopefully get my riflemans badge there!!\

simonkenton

The owner of Pops Gun Club called today so she had not read your email yet.  She wanted to follow up and is looking forward to hosting the event.  

RickB

ItsanSKS,
You are the man!  I knew there was a reason we pay you those big bucks ;)
I think South Florida is ripe--we had a bunch from down that way at the last Myakka shoot--including HornBlower and Heimdahl.
Congratulations,
RickB

hornblower

That is great news!

I went to the Pops Gun Club site to get a look at the facility.

There is no listing as to the range(s) specifications.

There are a lot of pictures of bench shooting.

In any case, a job well done in getting this new range.

I hope that we have some success in SW Florida as well.

A range in DeSoto, Lee, or Collier Counties would be most welcome.

ItsanSKS

The rifle range features distance to 100 yds, and offers a covered firing line.  There are removable benches at all firing lines, though it should be no trouble to move them. 

There is a campground less than 3 miles from the range, with hookups for 100 rvs, and primitive camping (no power or water) is available, too.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

NHale

Quote from: ItsanSKS on May 03, 2010, 04:31:02 AM
Well Folks, IT FINALLY HAPPENED!  WE NOW HAVE A RANGE IN SOUTH FLORIDA.

The owner/operator of "Pops Gun Club" near Fort Lauderdale, FL just sent me a completed Host Application, with a suggested date of July 3rd and 4th for their debut event.  What could be more patriotic than spending the weekend at the range, honoring the men and women who made this country possible?

This event should be on the schedule within a few days.  WATCH CLOSELY, as there is only room for 25 shooters, and this event will likely sell out FAST! 

If there are any questions, post 'em up, and I'll answer them as best as I can.

You can visit their website here: www.popsrange.com

HUZZAHH!  HUZZAHH!  HUZZAHH!

Rock on! That's a great accomplishment!
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

Heimdhal

I just got back from our Second Amendment Coalition of South Florida (SAC-FLA) meeting.  We ran short on time so all I got was a brief mention/summary of appleseed during the meeting, but did wind up passing out a few flyers/papers outside post-meeting.  Probably handed out a good 40 and many, many, many people were interested in it. 

Most had heard of it in passing in local gun shops, or from younger family members/friends that had attended and were pleased to hear about a range as close as ft lauderdale being opened up, but many said they may also check out myaka in the mean time.

I did have one guy keep trying to trap me into some "political" corners, trying to make me suggest things about appleseed that would have painted the group in light different than it wished to be portrayed, but Im a crafty dodger and speaker and other than that, everyone was receptive, supportive and over all enthusiastic about it.

simonkenton

Sign up now if you want to be sure to make this shoot. There are at least 10 people signed up for the July 3rd and 4th Appleseed at Pops.  The range can handle 25.  I was able to give a brief presentation about Appleseed before the line went hot and 4-5 members want to sign up for the event.    I don't think it will be long before the line is full.  The owner has a link on the website and is starting to promote it on the line.  I'm happy to have an Appleseed so close. 
When I shoot I like to take the bi-fold cards and hand them out with extra targets (who would turn down free targets).  Some people have never heard of Appleseed and some are curious.  It helps to open up the conversation.

k-os

I'm signed up.  I'll be there July 3 and 4th.   See y'all there!

Heimdhal

Youll get that rifleman for sure there.  You'll be closer to home and we all know that the bullets fly straighter on the atlantic side of Florida. ^:)^