News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Range Work Day

Started by hawkeye, May 02, 2010, 11:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

This is for Appleseed workers and other range personnel .I am having a range work day on the 22nd of May Starting about 08:00. We need to do some painting, clean , and move some things around to make the Home Range look better. I will provide the paint and brushes ect... In the afternoon we can set up some pop ups and shoot long range if you want. If I get enough folks then I will provide lunch, hot dogs and hamburgers. Please let me know if you can help out with a PM. Hawkeye  (Steve H )
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Fred

It's possible that by then we will have one or more "huts" available for anyone who wants to make a weekend of it and would like a place to stay, indoors - you'll need to bring an air mattress and bedding, but the shelter will be there.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

wildman

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

The Kid

"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

JohnnyReb

One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

txpirate

I might be there.

Check that. I'll be there.

The Kid

Sorry I wasn't able to make it guys, broke my ankle on thursday.  3 days before I leave for China  :wb:  .  This should be interesting.  Hope you guys had a successful and fun day! Pictures?
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

hawkeye

We had a very productive work day,10 hard working folks showed up ready to paint. We painted the range house and range 2 then took  a break for lunch with Matt as the cook. After cleaning up the trash from painting making some plans for next clean up day pop up targets were set up and we spent the rest of the afternoon shooting , talking about shooting and gathering data about new builds. Thank You to all that came to help. Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

hawkeye

OK, time for another productive Range Work Day July 10th. The new bunk sheds will be there this time so it's time for some more painting and maybe a little clean up. Same deal as before start at 0800 and work till 1400 then shoot until you get tired,run out of ammo or the wife calls you home. Better yet bring the wife if she can paint or wants to shoot a little. Same food as before please PM me so I know about how many to prepare for. Thanks for your help on the home Range.  Steve

wildman

You know I'll be there if I ain't dead.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

JohnnyReb

One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

hawkeye

Cool deal ! It's a great time to help out at your favorite range and to sight in a rifle with out any pressure. Wildman if you die, I get first crack at your gear and I know that aint about to happen. Any way we had a great time last Range Day. Thanks  Steve

Range Work Day 10 July 0800 hrs to 1400 hrs. Lunch and drinks are provided   

Fred

Two huts are in place - the good news, Steve, is they have not been wired, so you can work your magic without having to deal with all that cheap pre-wiring. >:D

It's possible the third hut - the one to be used for showers - will be in place before the work day - can't promise, but it is likely to happen.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

hawkeye

Great News, I'll bring the stuff to wire the sheds as we talked about and get started painting them.

Old Dog

Huts??  With wiring for lights, electric hot plates, coffee pots, (dare I mention) air conditioners, .....

This truly has become a kinder, gentler RWVA. >:D

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

bulkhead

Nah.  You'll have to sleep on the floor.

bh
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

Wade

Quote from: Old Dog on July 04, 2010, 06:07:49 PM
Huts??  With wiring for lights, electric hot plates, coffee pots, (dare I mention) air conditioners, .....

This truly has become a kinder, gentler RWVA. >:D

Huh? did Scout come by?

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

hawkeye

Be the first to paint a hut if your good enough with the MK I type 2 paint brush. Join us for a day of fixing up the home range and a little shooting, I will even set up  few pop ups if you want! This Saturday the 10th starting @ 0800, BBQ Kevin may even give his state of the nation speech you can't miss that. See you there!