News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AS Military Events

Started by kilogulf59, April 29, 2010, 01:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilogulf59

Does anyone know how many shoot events AS has done strictly with military units (like Ft. Stewart Ga.)?

I'm working a loose lead at Ft. McCoy WI. and this, or any, AS with the military info would help.

Muskyjerk

If that FT. Stewart post doesnt get them I dont know what will.

It takes some digging but there is a number of sherif / police departments that have drank from the hose.....

best of luck in getting this done.........

SamD

KG,
The total is 3.
Ft Stewart, WSMR and one that Boltgun did with the SCANG early last year.

If you run across a fellow at McCoy named Mark Parchim, please have him give me a call. You can give him my number.
thanks

Sam

kilogulf59

Will do and thanks.

I make no promises as I said this is a loose lead...but I'll do my bestest.

SamD

QuoteI'll do my bestest.
That's all we ever ask Kg, but WE will determine best  ++)

kilogulf59

Ja Herr Oberst I verstehen und ihre bestellungen werden bis zum tode gehorsam.  :bow:

SamD

Jetzt angegangen, es isn' t das Schlechtes

jrturbo

Das ist genug Sie dumme Männer! Sprechen Sie Englisch, oder jeder beginnt, zu denken, dass die Deutschen eindringen.  **) ^:)^ ++)
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

Old Dog

My folks stopped speaking that language when they came to America in 1743 (or shortly after).  Boy am I glad they did, too.  Then Grandpa went back over there in 1917-18 with some buddies and some M1917's to show them what being Americans meant.

Ya'll have a good one. ;D
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

SamD

Sorry folks
I work with the Luftwaffe on a daily basis. We have a couple thousand Germans here in Alamogordo at any given time.

Old Glory!

AAAACH YA! 

Fort McCoy would be an excellent place to have an Appleseed.  Military or civilian.  Let's check out those loose leads. 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Boba Fett

Mein Duetch ist nicht so gut. Was sagst du auf English bite? ???  Ich vertstehen nur ein bisien.  ++)

Boba Fett

kilogulf59

I don't know if this will help but here's some contact info. I'm getting no where fast on my end (and no Sam, I don't need another beating).

Ft. McCoy HQ & HQ Company:
   (608) 388-2109 (Commander)
   (608) 388-8698 (First Sergeant)

Tenent Units:
   4/100th Battalion (OD) (608) 388-5479
   B Company, 6th/52nd Aviation Regiment (608) 388-5641/3364
   84th Training Command (Leader Readiness) (608) 388-7113
   86th Training Brigade (B-821) DSN 280-0920 / (608) 388-0920
   88th Regional Support Command (608) 388-6734
   181st Infantry Brigade, 1st Army East (608) 388-3629
   181st Infantry Brigade, 2/411th LSB (McCoy) (608) 388-5174
   A Company, 3/339 Logistics Battalion - 7th Brigade 84th Division