News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Simsbury - July 10-11, 2010 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, April 27, 2010, 11:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Simsbury Appleseed - July 10-11, 2010
Last Updated: July 22, 2010

Event Information

Date:July 10-11, 2010
Shoot Boss:CortJestir
Instructors/IITs:2paranoid, TOMINCT, Chuckwagon
Pre-Registrations: 22/22 SOLD OUT!  :~

Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13683.0
Pre-Registration Page: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/685361936
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13683.0;attach=25091
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • More Red Hats welcome
  • More Orange Hats welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

To paraphrase LTJG Pete "Maverick" Mitchell -- "I feel the need - the need for 'Seed!"

I'll sign up for Orange Hat duty as soon as it's official. Glad we're adding another date!
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

vernic82

Count me outta this one.....wife's bday that weekend, reason I've never been to Pistol Week @ Perry.  I will however be at all the other shoots we have scheduled this year. ;D
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

CortJestir

Alrighty! We're officially scheduled for this shoot. Thanks, TOMINCT, for heading this one up. Will update with registration links and flyer links as soon as they're up.

Glock23

Hey, my home turf! Very cool. Hope I can make this one AND Colebrook - I really want to try the famous ChuckWagon sausage patties.
Hopefully Fred has a little something special for me by then...   :---

fprintf

Ok, so I can't make Clinton so this is the earliest event thereafter. I just signed up and paid via EventBrite.

The Marlin 795 with Scope I just put together shoots exceptionally well off the bench, just point it somewhere and it makes a nice hole there. I have a couple of friends who are also interested and are now putting together their LTRs also... this Appleseed thing is really taking off. My 14 year old son is also receiving a 795 LTR as a middle school graduation present in mid-June as a surprise, and he will be attending this event with me. I am setting that one up with Tech-Sights and told him when he qualifies as a Rifleman that he can use the rifle with the scope, but until then he has to use iron sights. :-D

Let me know if I can bring anything along (water, food etc.) to share.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

CortJestir

9 shooters signed up right out of the gate for Metacon/Simsbury!  :~ Haven't even flyered for this one yet. Good going everyone.

Glock23

CortJestir

Glock23

I hope so. My priority is Colebrook, since it's closer and has Sausage patties. But I would like to make both. Will have to verify the calendar with the Keeper.

CortJestir

Quote from: Glock23 on May 13, 2010, 12:22:26 PMMy priority is Colebrook, since it's closer and has Sausage patties. But I would like to make both. Will have to verify the calendar with the Keeper.

Well, glad you got your priorities straight then.  ;D

Bring the Keeper along, and all her friends and their friends. She shoots for free, ya know...  :~

CortJestir

+10 for the week of 5/17/10! Only 3 more to sell out the shoot. This one went fast. Great job, everyone.

TOMINCT, if demand is so high for Simsbury, let's add some more to the schedule. Whaddyasay?

fprintf

Hey gang, I don't know if I screwed anything up but I signed my son up for a Saturday ONLY Free and a Sunday ONLY Free ticket instead of the Saturday and Sunday combined. I don't want to screw up your count for T-shirts and other stuff... he is the same kid attending both days.

I noticed immediately after I signed up and got my confirmation that the event is sold out!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

CortJestir

Thanks for the note, fprintf. Either way, he's signed up for both days and we have plenty o' shirts. So it's all good. Looks like you grabbed the last spot (for now). Good catch!

See you this weekend in MA.

CJ

CortJestir

+3 for week of 5/24/10. We are now sold out for this event! Great job everyone.  :bow:

The Log

Anything that needs doing for Simsbury? Do we need to get the backers from Fred? I think he said he works in Waterbury, so I may be able to meet up for a transfer.

I'm planning on bringing the water cooler and cups to keep everyone hydrated, but I don't want to step on the club's toes if they're planning on selling refreshments. Any idea what their plans are? I'm hoping they have no plans, so we can get a little ChuckWagon goodness...
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

TOMINCT

As far as I know there is no club provided food at this time. Possibly soft drinks. If you can bring water that would be great. As far as backers go I've got that covered. I'll be hooking up with vernic82 this weekend sometime for the frames.
I'min touch with the club BOTG on a regular basis so if anything comes up I'll post it here.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

fprintf

After a week of this heat supposedly we are going to get a little break this weekend with thunderstorms rolling through on Saturday, 50% chance of rain and temps still in the high 80s. At least it won't be 100!  We'll be bringing plenty of water to accompany our pile of ammo.

TOMINCT

One thing that will help is that the friring line is covered with a large overhang. It is, however, near a wetlands area and it will be more humid than usual. As the promo for simsbury said 'bring bug spray'. We'll be needing it. Also plenty of fluids as the water there is not potable.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13