News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

St. Louis Area shoot

Started by mikaldulee, April 25, 2010, 07:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikaldulee

I would like to update folks on the possibility of a shoot in the St. Louis Area. 

Bull's eye Rod and Gun club will be voting next month on whether or not to approve a Appleseed shoot in October.  The board has already approved but the general membership must vote.  This is a very private club and membership limited and by invitation only.  Many of the folks are re-enactors and primitive shooters.  I don't know how Chris got in touch with them but Kudo's. 

The meeting went very well.  Very good location IMHO, located just south of Desoto MO off hwy21.  They encourage primitive camping, no electric or running water but it backs up to a small river.  Plenty of room for camping and parking.  They have tentatively committed to allow up to 100 shooters.  There are 2 covered pavilions for classes. 

The club will provide meals for cost.  Their range has gongs set up out to 485 yards.  We will basically have 400yards of line available to work in.  They asked if we were bringing NFA or class 3 firearms(some members own mortar's).  The backstop is a berm with a large hillside behind it (The hill was a Union redoubt in the Civil War...aka War of Union Aggression... ;D).

There is a flag pole for the Colors.

The members I spoke with are very excited and look forward to the event.

Oh...and camouflage is allowed... ;) 

I'll keep you updated.

nemohunter

thats awesome Mike. glad to hear of more ranges becoming available. good that they have some distance range too.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Missouri Brigade

Looks promising.  Hope it works out.  Thanks for all your help.

Greg in MO

Thanks for checking it out Mike.  Keep us posted.  Can't wait to see a date on the calender!

Greg

cmidkiff

Quote from: mikaldulee on April 25, 2010, 07:41:33 PM
I don't know how Chris got in touch with them... 

As a matter of fact, I didn't.  I got an email from one of their members asking what they needed to do in order to host an Appleseed.

I tried 2 years ago to get in touch with them, with no success.  The growth of this program, and the overwhelmingly positive independent reviews we have received make a huge difference when it comes to getting us into locations like this.  Keep right on doing what your doing folks... the word is getting out!

Don't discount your own efforts in this, Mike...  and Thanks.

Greybeard

desertrat144

Hello all,

Could someone keep me updated about this or any Appleseeds happening in the St.L. area?  I have family (hunters, shooters, &c.) that I'd like to get involved with Appleseed.

A few years ago (decades, actually) there used to be informal ranges along Mo. Bottoms Rd. and one right before the bridge crossed into Alton, IL.  Did they survive 'civilization' catching up?

Thanks,
Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

mikaldulee

Quote from: desertrat144 on May 04, 2010, 11:48:18 AM
Hello all,

Could someone keep me updated about this or any Appleseeds happening in the St.L. area?  I have family (hunters, shooters, &c.) that I'd like to get involved with Appleseed.

A few years ago (decades, actually) there used to be informal ranges along Mo. Bottoms Rd. and one right before the bridge crossed into Alton, IL.  Did they survive 'civilization' catching up?

Thanks,
Tom

I'm in and out of Alton/Mo Bottom several times a week...I don't think they made.  The old range by the I370 bridge is still there, but it would be way to small for an Appleseed.  The only Alton area range I know of is John Ross's private range.