News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yanceyville NC AAR, April 17/18

Started by bulkhead, April 19, 2010, 05:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulkhead

Another weekend at Yanceyville with NO MUD.  Two in a row.  Hope I didn't just jinx the shoot next month. 

A great crew shared a weekend that could only have been improved with a little less wind.  Tim made rifleman on his first ever AQT and shot a 242 on Sunday.  Congratulations TIM.  There's one less cook in the family now.  (that's a hint to Natale)

Our shooters came from as far away as Birmingham AL and as close as Greensboro.  NeilR drove up from Charlotte to help as an IIT and stayed with some of the other shooters at the cabins located next to the range.  Our thanks also goes to Dana who supports Appleseed by providing her facility for our use and fixing a breakfast for thoes that stay.  What a deal. 

Hope some of the group can post photos.  Thanks to all who helped make this happen. 

bulkhead

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Saucy Jack

sgtmace

This event being my first Appleseed proved a fantastic outing with my daughter. I'm sure she will return to trade in her apron. BZ to Bulkhead and Neal for a great course of instruction and camaraderie. And for all the other guys in attendance, I can see how our like minds could form lifelong friendships.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

hawkeye

Way to go Bulkhead. Yancyville is a range under construction for those that haven't been there. the facility are in place but the range is new.  Maybe the local fire department can hose it down for you. This photo is from the 01/2009 Appleseed, cold and mud.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

steves4570

Yep, remember that day, took me 2hrs to clean the mud out of my M1A. Bulkhead sorry I could not make the shoot, had to work. Be there in May, see you then. Steve :~

packynakada

Hello Bulkhead,

I was the shooter from Birmingham. Me and 4 other friends were thinking about a trip in April 2011 to 3rd degree tactical for an Apple Seed shoot but did not see it on the Apple Seed schedule. Is that location no longer an option? And if is not, which locations will you be teaching in that time frame? Thanks.

NeilR

Hi, I was the IIT working that day.  Unfortunately, that location is no longer an option.  It is not on the schedule yet, but there will be an AS in Charlotte, NC the weekend of March 26-27.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

packynakada

Thanks Neil! My friend and I had a great time last year. We were the ones that stayed at the cabin at the range. I'll see if the guys want to go to the one in Charlotte that you mentioned.