News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What a great Appleseed weekend!

Started by vanrichten, April 19, 2010, 10:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanrichten

We had 3 new Riflemen come out of Beckley and I have heard at least 1 out of Stinson.  Great weekend to be an Appleseeder and an American!

I have the AAR up for Beckley, looking forward to seeing Stinson's!
An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West

agony

I had a great time.  Took me three appleseeds, but working on my NPOA at home paid dividends in my shooting prowess.

And my purple patch will look quite enchanting on my man-purse.
:P

vanrichten

I have some pictures for you now that I am awake enough to see straight.  They give more ammo for your purple patch and man-purse combo!   ..:..
An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West

The Machine

Quote from: vanrichten on April 19, 2010, 10:12:18 AM
We had 3 new Riflemen come out of Beckley and I have heard at least 1 out of Stinson.  Great weekend to be an Appleseeder and an American!

I have the AAR up for Beckley, looking forward to seeing Stinson's!
You heard right vanrichten, we had 1 Rifleman (Chrome) who also took the Orange Hat. I've finally found some free time, so I guess I'll start working on the Stinson AAR now, since I don't see anything up yet. I briefly looked over the Beckley AAR and it appears the inaugural shoot there went very well, despite the low turnout...good job!  O0

I also want to welcome aboard our newest WV members--"agony", "NC-17", and "Carrier".  :)
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

agony

Thanks for the welcome.
:)
So......any of you guys have a study/learning strategy for us new orange hat guys?
Don't really know where to start other than memorizing range commands and the 6 steps in shooting properly.

The Machine

Quote from: agony on April 20, 2010, 12:39:57 AM
Thanks for the welcome.
:)
So......any of you guys have a study/learning strategy for us new orange hat guys?
Don't really know where to start other than memorizing range commands and the 6 steps in shooting properly.
Agony, I suggest downloading the 'Instructor Manual' once your status is upgraded on the forum to 'Instructor in Training'; next to your avatar. This is a busy time right now after the Patriot's Day weekend, so it might take a couple of days.

This manual contains the official framework of what every RWVA Instructor needs to know. There are PC forms at the back which you can look over to see what is required to move up the different instructor levels. There are also many threads on the Instructor board of our forum that address many topics in detail. You'll gain access to these very soon, when your status is upgraded.

When you receive access to the 'Instructor Schedule', look it over and sign up for any shoots that you are interested in. We have an AS coming up at Stinson on 5/29-31. There's nothing like putting theory into hands-on practice.  ;)

I'm delighted that you chose to join our WV instructor ranks to help with the ultimate goal of holding an AS in every county by the end of 2012. It's an ambitious task, but not insurmountable. With good folks like yourself, steering the Mountain State and our nation back unto the course that was laid down by the Founding Generation, becomes more of a reality.  O0
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

Spanner

Quote from: vanrichten on April 19, 2010, 10:12:18 AM

I have the AAR up for Beckley

vanrichten, great job on those photos  O0

Next best thing to being there.

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

vanrichten

Quote from: Spanner on April 20, 2010, 12:12:51 PM
vanrichten, great job on those photos  O0

Next best thing to being there.

Glad you like them, it is my other expensive hobby  ;)  I took something like 150 pictures over the course of the weekend, but a bunch of those were trying to capture the clips and the brass from that awesome Garand :)