News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester TN April 17-18 2010 AAR

Started by bagel, April 19, 2010, 01:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagel

Meaningful, fun, rewarding shoot.  

Suffice it to say there were three riflemen (or riflewomen) made.  I will leave more details to shoot boss and others for now!

Manchester has a special place in my heart because I attained rifleman in Manchester last year.

Here are some videos and pics (sorry about the quality, they are from a phone).

TN Colonel took many more pictures and videos with his quality equipment that I cannot possibly match.

Special guest from Sons of the American Revolution

TN Colonel explains IMC

Excellent flags, brought by TN Colonel (and one from Friedenmeister)

Appalacious teaches the seated position with Friedenmeister modeling

Appalacious instructs

Friedenmeister models the offhand position

Appalacious and Friedenmeister instruct and demonstrate.

(VIDEO) http://bambuser.com/v/698050
The Shot Heard Round the World.  There were about three straight minutes of solemn silence after this course of fire while we reflected on the gravity and importance of the fallen men.

Travis has a South Carolina crescent moon scar from his own hot brass.

The anticipation after tallying but before announcing the result of Lilbit's AQT.  TN Colonel knows the result, but keeps his poker face on.

(VIDEO) http://bambuser.com/v/699990
Lilbit:) gets her well-deserved riflewoman patch.  She selected the purple patch in honor of Jacquelin Wells.
(Regretfully, I missed the precise moment when it was announced to her, but her elated reaction continued long enough for you to get the idea)

Lilbit:) now wears the Orange Hat presented by TN Colonel.

Full images available here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bickelj/201004Manchester?authkey=Gv1sRgCOP97rSB5c7jHw&feat=directlink

I am looking forward to TN Colonel's awesome pictures! I know he has some good ones.

DragonWood

Well I decided to play hooky from work and get to an AS! TN Col had planted the bug that he was going to need help at the Manchester event. So I guess I started feeling a "cold" coming on by Friday before the event.  What a great time! As expected another great group of Appleseeders!

Justin did a great job as SB. The instructors all worked hard getting 3 rifleman (and woman) out of the bunch! Congrats to all who got the job done. And for those knocking on the door, keep practicing and dry fire, you will be getting that patch before you know it. Then comes the orange hat!

I got to shoot a little on Saturday getting my AR zeroed. At first I thought I forgot how to shoot :-[, I guess that happens as an instructor. I settled in and started shooting like I knew what I was doing. With instruction in my blood,it wasn't long before I got up to help out with the line. It did a world of good being out there with great instructors and Appleseeders. Justin even let me take part in the nationwide volley, that was outstanding!

TN Col and I are trying to get an IBC scheduled some time here soon. So let him or I know if anyone is interested.
Thanks to all who came.

And thanks to the instructors for coming to TN to help out. Also, thank you for the delicious lunch on Sunday.

DW
Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

Big Papa

Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

Appalacious

This shoot started out with an appearance from a member of the Sons of the Revolution who gave a short history on his chapter's namesake, Joseph Greer.  He was in full colonial military dress and I really enjoyed it.  Here's their website.
http://www.tnssar.org/josephgreer/index.htm

We got right to shooting after that and saw that we had some excellent shooters on the line.  The weather was excellent on Saturday and did mostly fine on Sunday as well.  We had 2 rifleman on Saturday and one (extremely excited) rifle-woman on Sunday.  We were just as excited as she was I assure you.  The history was presented in 3 parts at lunch, mid afternoon, and the end of Saturday.  The best part for me was the national volley on Saturday.  We let each instructor read some of the names for each FIRE command.  I really appreciated that.

Manchester is a great location for these shoots.  Hopefully we can build a solid instructor corps in that area to really start having lots of shoots there in the future.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.