News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Carrolton is ON for 4-17

Started by TheEditor, April 14, 2010, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

The Carrolton shoot for this weekend now has staff and is a go!  The Editor will SB; Templar223 will travel with me from Illinois.  One or two other IITs will be there as well. 

So if you're preregistered, come on!  If you're not preregistered, come anyway! 

The Editor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

I think you have 17 pre regs already. But this location has been notorious for last minute walk ons.  Lots of youth usually as well. A great bunch of people there.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

TheEditor

Someone mentioned a new IIT that would be there this weekend; I didn't get the name. 

The Guy also mentioned he would try to get HootersBilly to come down and assist. 

For these two, or anyone else who needs it, here's my phone number:  217-840-0246.  Templar223 and I will be arriving locally around 4 pm Friday, to check on the range, target line needs, etc. 

TheEditor

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Mudcat

The IIT I was talking about is dad4boys. I will contact him today to find out for sure.
It also looks like you may be having several past Appleseeders some of which may be new IIT prospects.
If any new IITs are made you can have them contact me either here or 812 431 4087 so I can add them to the roles here in KY. I know weekends like this new people can slide through the cracks.

You guys have a great weekend and thanks again for helping us out down here!

Mudcat
KY.SC.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

TheEditor

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

dad4boys

No need to contact me Mudcat, unless ther's some addl' info I'll need.
I'm ready and can't wait for my first AS as IIT.
Anything I should bring besides a loaner rifle, pen/notepad, lunch/snacks and water?

BTW, My oldest son had such a good time last weekend he came home and bragged to his younger brother, who showed some interest.
So much so that I'll be bringing my 10 yr old son to the Carrolton shoot as well!

Looking forward to working with some more Appleseed people
See you Sat morning

Jon

kentuckyjam

Hopping in here since I'm online.

You've already got the right attitude which is most important.
Things we bring as IITs:
PC we want to turn in.
binoculars
timer
copy of line commands ( I have the entire manual printed off)
brass bucket
shoot boss's phone number
event info
30 caliber to score targets with
sharpie is good for targets
camera
any extra gear you used as a shooter someone else may need (earmuffs, slings, glasses, staple guns, etc.)
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

TheEditor

Templar and I arrived as scheduled this afternoon.  Met with the landowners (very nice couple) and got the lay of the land.  Erected posts & gathered other supplies; we'll put up wire and cardboard in the AM, as it was raining today.  That would account for the wet poncho in the pics that Templar is about to post. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

John Boch

Here's me on the downrange side of things, after driving posts.  My new Goretex top, in urban sheep camo over my goretex overpants.

John "TheEditor" by the owner's deuce and a half.  Neat truck.  Not sure it's run anytime recently.

Very pretty area.  People are nice.  Should be a beautiful weekend if the rain moves out as forecast.

John

brdholman

Looks like you guys have things under control. Good job and thanks for coming to help KY. That really is a nice group of people, especially the property owners.
Brad

John Boch

Yes, Brad, they are.

Met both the property owner, John, and his son.  Both outstanding people.

For more great pictures and AAR, click http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13132.msg108912#msg108912

Unbridled Liberty

This is Kevin.  I wanted to thank John I,II, and III for the great weekend.  I had a great time and plan on attending more shoots and plan on bringing my family and friends. 

I just unpacked all my gear and, I hate to admit this, but I pulled out an AQT target that I had not scored.  Why I didn't score it today, I don't know, because as I was about to throw it away, it took me about 10 seconds to realize that it was a really good target.  OK, so I sit down and add it up several times, and had my wife add it too: 214.  Sheesh.  Well, now I know I can do it with my bolt rifle, I just need to duplicate the effort at the next Appleseed.

I hope you guys all had a safe trip home, and thanks again for the inspiration.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

John Boch

Hey Kevin,

We knew you were close from a couple of your efforts.  Sorry to hear about the unscored rifleman target!

Keep practicing and it will come naturally every time you shoot it! 

John