News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

West Virginia's Supply Sergeant

Started by Chrome, April 14, 2010, 07:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrome

I have a C&R FFL which allows me discounts at many online retailers.  Notably, MidwayUSA, Brownells, CDNN, and Numrich Gun Parts.  If you are in need of any parts for your LTR, I can source them at a discount for you and deliver them at one of the shoots.  As a dealer, I do have minimum order amounts to meet, and they vary from dealer to dealer, but it's usually not a problem as I order frequently.  If you need any more details, just let me know.

Here are a few examples of dealer prices for LTR parts, and these are subject to change as Midway changes their pricing.

Bell & Carlson Extended Mag Release $3.99 Regularly $4.99
Ruger Clear 10/22 Factory Magazine  $13.49 Regularly $17.99
Power Custom Hammer and Sear Kit $47.99 Regularly $58.99
Power Custom Extended Auto Bolt Release $12.29 Regularly $14.99
Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor $9.89 Regularly $13.99
Volquartsen Recoil Buffer  $8.99 Regularly $10.99

Outfitting a LTR with these parts would save reduce your cost by $25.  I intend to make zero money on this, I just want to help fellow Appleseeders save a few bucks.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

The Machine

QuoteI made the offer casually to The Machine this weekend, but I wanted to formally extended it to the rest of the WV crew.
I'm glad to see you extended the offer to all our volunteers in WV...created a new job position too!  :)

My initial request would be for pricing on Marlin 795 mags (10 rd), and what's the minimum quantity to get a discount?
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

Chrome

Quote from: The Machine on April 15, 2010, 12:04:23 PM
QuoteI made the offer casually to The Machine this weekend, but I wanted to formally extended it to the rest of the WV crew.
I'm glad to see you extended the offer to all our volunteers in WV...created a new job position too!  :)

My initial request would be for pricing on Marlin 795 mags (10 rd), and what's the minimum quantity to get a discount?

Regularly $27.99 (ouch) My price $24.99.  Same price at Midway and Brownells.

Minimum order is $40 before shipping, otherwise you pay a $4 small order fee.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

The Machine

Something doesn't sound right...just bought one at Gander Mtn. for $19.99. I thought THAT price was too high!  :P
Now I see where Marlin is making the money...sell rifle cheap...break people up on accessories.  >:(  Heck, at the price you quoted, 4 mags would cost as much as a new 795 on sale! I wonder if there's a third party vendor for those mags?

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

SamD

Go to CDNN Investments and get those mags for $14 and the 7rd for $12

Sam

nyrasgt

Troops,
  CDNN offering Ruger 10/22 stainless.synth stock with scope rings AND scope for $239...
Ruger Instructor Purchase Program (we're working on getting them to acknowledge AS Instructors as they do NRA and State instructors) appx $195 for "normal" 10/22s - can afford tech sights and still be under Ruger msrp.
Excelsior,
madMark
nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Chrome

Quote from: The Machine on April 15, 2010, 01:28:47 PM
Something doesn't sound right...just bought one at Gander Mtn. for $19.99. I thought THAT price was too high!  :P
Now I see where Marlin is making the money...sell rifle cheap...break people up on accessories.  >:(  Heck, at the price you quoted, 4 mags would cost as much as a new 795 on sale! I wonder if there's a third party vendor for those mags?

I will double check when I get home, but that was the only entry on Midway.  Brownells had them at the same.  These are nickled ones, maybe there are blued ones cheaper?  I'll see about opening a dealer account at CDNN too.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

Chrome

Seems like there is a big discrepancy between mag prices.  Brownell's and Midway USA are selling them for $29.99 and $27.99.  Others are charging more.  However, Marlin sells them direct for $15.99!  CDNN is definately the way to go here.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=171532

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/mabopre88au2.html

I'm going to setup a CDNN dealer account tomorrow.  I'll find out the details on ordering from them then.  Their discount is around 10% if I recall correctly.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

The Machine

Quote from: SamD on April 15, 2010, 02:18:42 PM
Go to CDNN Investments and get those mags for $14 and the 7rd for $12

Sam
Thanks for that source, Sam. 
QuoteI'm going to setup a CDNN dealer account tomorrow.  I'll find out the details on ordering from them then.  Their discount is around 10% if I recall correctly.
Apparently, Chrome is following through on that lead.

QuoteRuger Instructor Purchase Program (we're working on getting them to acknowledge AS Instructors as they do NRA and State instructors) appx $195 for "normal" 10/22s - can afford tech sights and still be under Ruger msrp.
Sounds great; now where do we stand on AS Instructor recognition? Are we making progress with negotiations?

Chrome

A few people have asked about sling swivels.

There are a few different options.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=140882  $5.59 a set <- polymer comes in black and grey
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=156955  $6.59 a set
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=705310  $7.49 a set  <- This is what I use
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=913254  $8.39 a set <- stainless steel for you shiny lovers

Also, new surplus slings are available from CDNN, but I'm still waiting on them to confirm my dealer status.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/m1greenwebne.html

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

Chrome

CDNN no longer allows C&R holders to use their dealer website.   :wb:  Not too big a deal, as the discount was not huge and their prices are low anyways.  I'll still be placing an order from them soon, so at least we can save on shipping.

Brownells, Numrich, and MidwayUSA are still good to go.  Numrich and CDNN both however, appears to be out of the M14 slings.  Wonder if we are nearing the end of the surplus supply for those?

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

Chrome

I now have four new cotton green M14 slings and four sets of 1 1/4 swivels, including screws, ready to go.  Final cost is $18.50 for a set or $9.25 for just a sling or swivel set.

I will be at the May 8-9 Slippery Rock shoot as well as the Memorial Day shoot in Stinson.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

The Machine

Put me down for 2 complete sets please...I have 2 folks in desperate need of these. Do the slings have clips on both ends?

Chrome

Quote from: The Machine on April 30, 2010, 10:24:15 PM
Put me down for 2 complete sets please...I have 2 folks in desperate need of these. Do the slings have clips on both ends?

They are the standard GI slings.  Quick disconnect hook at the rear, but the front loops around the swivel.  Do note that the front stud on these sets is the machine screw and nut type.  Great for synthetic stock, but does require drilling a wood stock from the barrel channel side to counter sink the nut.  No biggie, I use that type, actually prefer it.

Later,
Chrome...

PS.  Did you want any Marlin 795 Mags?  I havent placed my CDNN order yet.
Montani Semper Liberi

The Machine

QuoteDo note that the front stud on these sets is the machine screw and nut type.
No prob...we improvise, adapt, and  :~

QuotePS.  Did you want any Marlin 795 Mags?  I havent placed my CDNN order yet.
Sure, I'll take 2 (10 rd) of those as well.

Thanks again for providing this service, Chrome.  :)

Chrome

No problem.  I prefer the machine nut type.  Red lock tight makes for a very secure front stud. 

I'll put my CDNN order in in the morning, Im stuck on midnight shift atm.  I think the final price on two mags was gonna be 33.00 including shipping.  Ill let you know for sure tomorrow.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

Chrome

First round of orders came in.

CDNN gave me my discount after all.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

Chrome

Next round of order is going to be put in tomorrow. 

If you need anything and I haven't spoken with you about the next order, now's the time to do so!

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi