News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster III - KY check in

Started by kentuckyjam, April 13, 2010, 10:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentuckyjam

Hey, guys!  We've had a poor showing on Muster nights, myself included in those not showing up.  We, too, don't have the fastest setup and can't do the radio shows and are usually already in bed by this time.  But wanted to get in here tonight.

Both brdholman (my husband) and I will be at Knob Creek this weekend.  Mudcat and Riflegirl will be there with us and we always enjoy working with them.  So 2 families of Appleseed volunteers will be representing Appleseed.  This helps in recruiting.  When men show up and see this, they want to bring their wives and children the next time.  At Evansville last year, between shooters and workers, there were 7 families.  And isn't that what this is all about?  Our posterity.  Keep that in mind when talking to friends or anyone about Appleseed.  I always mention you will learn history and marksmanship, but you will also learn about your own character.  And as those insights come, it's nice to have someone you know next to you sharing the experience.  I recruited a father and his 10 year old daughter to come with us.  I can't wait to watch them experience their first AS.

There is one thing I want to add for 7th step this weekend, will have to cut it short. Will post it shortly.

Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

gshack

Just checking in here. Went to the Carrolton AS last fall. Did not make Rifleman, but want to come back and try again. Can't make this coming weekend, but I will try to make another shoot within the next few months. Found a loose rear sight after the last shoot. That is my excuse for not making Rifleman.

brdholman

Mudcat

I'm here but didn't think anyone else was. I was doing some PMs and getting ready for this weekend at Knob Creek. We're going to have some special give aways this weekend too.  Some special activities to do as well as making a bunch of Riflemen, Riflewomen and patriots.

Carrolton is looking very bleak and they now have 17 preregistered. We need a Shoot Boss very bad for this shoot!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Mudcat

Quote from: gshack on April 13, 2010, 10:32:09 PM
Just checking in here. Went to the Carrolton AS last fall. Did not make Rifleman, but want to come back and try again. Can't make this coming weekend, but I will try to make another shoot within the next few months. Found a loose rear sight after the last shoot. That is my excuse for not making Rifleman.

Hey Gshack glad you are going to keep persisting. A loose rear sight will most definitely cause some issues. We will be looking for you this summer.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

" PATRIOTISM

Noah Webster's An American Dictionary of the English Language, 1828
patriotism, n. Love of one's country; the passion which aims to serve one's country, either in defending it from invasion, or protecting its rights and maintaining its laws and institutions in vigor and purity. Patriotism is the characteristic of a good citizen, the noblest passion that animates a man in the character of a citizen.

Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictonary, Eleventh Edition,copyright 2004
patriotism, n. Love for or devotion to one's country.

Note how the definitions have changed.  Noah Webster's patriot defends his country with objective actions, versus the vague, subjective patriotism of one who only feels and expresses love for his country. True patriotism is not just an emotional feeling; it is action.
Webster's original definition includes a love for country, service to country, defense of country, protection of the rights of country, maintenance of the laws and insitutions of country, preservation of religion and morality in public and private life, and puts the needs of the country above personal or partisan desires as well as above the favor of foreign nations."

That's alot, so like I said, I will cut it down.

EEL

Mudcat,

You're in Appleseed my brother.  You're never alone.  Hope you have a good turnout at KCR !!  Just call.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

jeep45238

USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

kentuckyjam

Quote from: Mudcat on April 13, 2010, 10:34:50 PM
I'm here but didn't think anyone else was. I was doing some PMs and getting ready for this weekend at Knob Creek. We're going to have some special give aways this weekend too.  Some special activities to do as well as making a bunch of Riflemen, Riflewomen and patriots.

Carrolton is looking very bleak and they now have 17 preregistered. We need a Shoot Boss very bad for this shoot!

Well someone's been recruiting up there. :)  Come on, SB's, we can't cancel the shoot.  That's 17 people that would each tell say 20 more and those people would tell people.....get the idea?   :bow:  Please help us out!

kentuckyjam

Jeep, sorry I didn't get to meet you at Crittendon.  Welcome to the KY crew.  We had no idea last April we'd get so hooked on AS.  May you do the same.

Mudcat

I like that contrast KYjam. Funny how things change ever so slightly.
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

Mudcat, it's funny how we try to shorten everything these days to fit in more 'stuff' and this is a prime example. 

Are we using the special COF mentioned that is located on the SB board or something different? 
Brad said Crittendon Sunday service had 30 mins planned.  That will be good for this weekend.  I'll be sharing my history then.  ;)

kentuckyjam

Okay, last post tonight. :)

Just remembered that we had a local guy stop by one evening while I was with my daughter in the yard.  He's trying to oust the guy that's been our rep for 20 something years.  As he told me what he stood for, I asked him if he'd heard of Appleseed.  No?  I planted the seed and plan to follow up to get him to an AS after the primary.  He's got 4 kids - great, bring them all for free.  And his brother owns a BP in town.  Now that I have that contact, I'll get some flyers up there where all the local men hang out.  Spread the word...

jeep45238

Quote from: kyjam on April 13, 2010, 10:55:56 PM
Jeep, sorry I didn't get to meet you at Crittendon.  Welcome to the KY crew.  We had no idea last April we'd get so hooked on AS.  May you do the same.

I had no idea I'd be hooked last September.  I'm looking forward to getting my boots deeper in the water this year.  We'll meet up again sometime I'm sure  :)

I can't help at Carrollton, I'll be in New Philly that day, but I may be able to help at some future events :)
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.