News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gibsonburg April 24th-25th 2010

Started by posterboy, April 13, 2010, 10:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Who's going in two weeks? Hey you can go this weekend THEN come to Gibsonburg and shoot at 500yrds !  :---

let me know if you want to camp Friday night

posterboy            

MeanStreaker

I'll be camping. :)

Looks like there was a nice little bump in pre-reg if I remember correctly from last week.  This will be a great shoot everyone!!!  Come one, come all!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

posterboy

nice bump indeed ! we only need 55 more to sell out !  &)

Butt Stock

Lunches will also be available also on Sat. and Sun. So please let us know if you will be eating what will be made available so we can plan accordingly...And Slim has already put in his request for the Instructor meal and it is a secret as to what that is. Right Slim..:) Lisa

See above post for the menu.............

Gopher Boy

My Plan is to camp as well

Butt Stock

Boy scout issues and obstacles have been overcome for Gibsonburg !!! I just got off the phone with them for our area. They will be having approx. 12 at our April shoot  :)  We need approx. 12 loaners for the boys, and probably help with ammo for this shoot for them. They plan on camping out also. I will have more definite numbers from them on Thurs.

Thanks all,

Lisa (Butt Stock's mom)

Gordon

Quote from: Butt Stock on April 14, 2010, 11:23:07 AM

... We need approx. 12 loaners for the boy[scouts]s, and probably help with ammo for this shoot for them. They plan on camping out also. I will have more definite numbers from them on Thurs.

Hey Lisa, that's great!

Re. the camping: We should have them cluster over on the southeast corner of the field, in front of the Cowboy Town, behind the line, at the far end. I spoke w/ Posterboy about this and he concurs.

Re. the need for loaners: -- YES, and this is a big deal! Hey folks, if you're coming to Gibsonburg 4/24-25, we need LTR-loaners!

Post on this thread if you can provide a rifle (mine are already spoken for). We'll see how the tally evolves.

MeanStreaker

I let Lisa know I have one loaner and possible another (if I can get it to stop malfunctioning).  Unfortunately I can't help on ammo due to the thousands and thousands of rounds I gave out last year and have not been able to replenish yet.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Gordon

Yes I think it's reasonable to ask that the scouts show up with their own ammo!

Butt Stock

Troy has said he will cover the ammo for the boy scouts.

He also has covered the hearing protection.

As of right now we have the loaners to get covered. Troy is providing 3 loaners for the scouts to use. Gopher boy has 3 loaners that are spoken for. I have a call into a couple others about loaners also.

We can do this and make it positive for everyone involved. :)

Hoover

I have a loaner that I'll bring along.  I'll be camping as well.

MeanStreaker

QuoteHea has covered the ears also.

Let's please make sure everyone has eye protection also.
--Thomas Paine

Gopher Boy

I have three loaners with Slings...  I think they still have slings...  Well they will for next weekend!

Butt Stock

Just a reminder that lunches are being made available for Sat. and Sun. to all shooters and instructors here at Gibsonburg.
A 5 gal. igloo with water for drinking and another one with lemonaide will be available all day.

The lunches will be nice and warm for you with deserts also. The menu is:

Sat. lunch: Pepperoni Rolls, Swedish Meatballs and noodles, green beans,  and a dessert. Lemonaide will be available all day.

Sun. lunch: Hot Shredded chicken sandwiches, German potato salad, macaroni salad,chips, and a dessert. Lemonaide will be available all day also.

Don't forget that camping is also available right there on the range, with a fire pit. Please let someone know if you plan on camping and when you plan on arriving if on Fri. As a club member needs to be present on the range also. We will be setting up the line on Fri. night around 5 pm.

Also remember that Camp Perry is open on Fri. and it is not that far from the range either. The hours are: Wed-Sat 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.

Butt Stock's mom Lisa

Gordon

OK here's the staff for Gibsonburg 4/24-25:

Apr 24-25     Gibsonburg, OH    MeanStreaker/SB  FuzzyMath (IIT4), posterboy,  Gopher Boy, gliming (IIT), Butt Stock(IIT), Persistence (IIT)   

Who's camping onsite? And do we know of any shooters planning to? What about that Boy Scout troop --- are they still coming?

Setting up the line:
Posterboy usually takes the lead in getting the line set up, but this time around, he won't arrive around 7:00-7:30 PM Friday, straight-in from a (photgraphic) shoot in Chigaco. We probably ought to get started before then, since we have to measure, haul the posts over there (they're stored a few hundred yards away), drive them in the ground, run the wire, haul the cardboard, and hang the cardboard.

I'll be out there by around 5:30, and Butt Stock's (Ryan's) mom tells me she can have him out there about that time too. Ryan and I can probably handle it all OK except that we'll need a means of hauling the posts, ideally a pickup truck.

So, among any who are planning to camp Friday night, when are you arriving? And, uhm, do you have a truck? :)

Also, there was some talk of getting 'hold of a chainsaw, and converting some of those long-downed trees into firewood.

damhans

I'll be there along with my brother and his friend. We're planning on camping at White Star (my wife and kids require electrical hook-up for the camper). We'll probably be coming in too late Friday night to help, but we could certainly be there early Saturday.

Posterboy: I met you and FuzzyMath at the gun show in Maumee, and look forward to seeing you again.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson

Hoover

QuoteSo, among any who are planning to camp Friday night, when are you arriving? And, uhm, do you have a truck?
No truck and I probably won't arrive until ~ 6:30.

Quotethere was some talk of getting 'hold of a chainsaw, and converting some of those long-downed trees into firewood
I could bring mine.

MeanStreaker

Due to marital compromises I was happy to make, I am arriving Sat morning and will camp Sat night.
--Thomas Paine

Butt Stock

No Boy Scouts in April. We are looking at Aug. for the boy scouts.

Gene will be in and out on Sat. (SCSC Director) with his wife. I just got off the phone with him. They may join at the fire for a while.  :)

Talked to Troy before he went work, as long as we do not allow Ry to use the chain saw he will send ours with me.

I am gonna swap him the car for the truck.

See everbody Fri night, and over the weekend.

Have to have electric, what is that? That is why i will leave and come back to the house to sleep and not camp out like Butt Stock will.  :~ Besides if I don't come back to the house I won't be able to have lunch there on time for everybody. That wouldn't be a good thing would it?

Lisa (Butt Stock's mom)

posterboy

I will be showing up hopefully by 7pm. Think we should just wait until then personally. We'll have more hands to help and we should have enough daylight. If we just set the line and leave the cardboard for Saturday morning we can do it in plenty of time. But it's up to you guys really .....

Forecast looks grim....bring your rain gear  ~~:)

think the count was like 16-17 but we'll know better on Friday

pb

posterboy

Posterboy: I met you and FuzzyMath at the gun show in Maumee, and look forward to seeing you again.
[/quote]

Great ! looking forward to seeing you again!

pb

posterboy

Fuzzy......

the scouts can't make it this weekend ..think we are seeing them in August

pb

Hoover

QuoteForecast looks grim....bring your rain gear

Not grim at all; we won't be burdened with applying sunscreen.  And, it looks notably warmer than last weekend.  So, all-in-all, an event that I'm very much looking forward to.

Gopher Boy

I'll be arriving at around 5ish on Friday.

Thoughts on Dinner for Friday night?  Lisa said something about everybody going in on Pizza from one of the local places.

That's OK by me.  (Plus it will make a dandy breakfast! )

G.B.

posterboy

Quote from: Hoover on April 22, 2010, 11:16:48 AM
QuoteForecast looks grim....bring your rain gear

Not grim at all; we won't be burdened with applying sunscreen.  And, it looks notably warmer than last weekend.  So, all-in-all, an event that I'm very much looking forward to.

You're right I'll stop being a debbie downer lol it WILL be warmer that is bonus !!

pb

Shazam

I just wanted to thank all the instructors at the Gibsonburg shoot this past weekend.   Great group of friendly, skilled, and patient instructors that are passionate about what they do.  I learned A LOT and know what I need to do to make Riflemen.  Thanks for letting me use some of your rain gear and staple gun.  Great hospitality indeed!!  I'm trying to get some of my friends to attend an Appleseed.  I will recommend they do a Gibsonburg Appleseed!! 

Take care,
Shazam   O0

Gordon

Thanks for the excellent feedback, Shazam. I'm glad the event came off so well!

We usually have followup discussions under "After Action Reports". The one for Gibsonburg is here: Gibsonburg, OH April 24-25. Feel free to contribute!

Looking forward to seeing you & your bud's out on the line in May!
-FM / Gordon