News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Florida Virtual Muster Night

Started by blackrhino12, April 13, 2010, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackrhino12

Going to be at the Gainesville AP this weekend. Looking forward to more Florida Apple Seeders to to post tonight.

LadyVetch

Hi Blackrhino12,

I am going to be at the Myakka City AP as a new Instructor. 

This your first Appleseed?  You are going to have a great time.      Any questions?

LadyVetch
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

theri

I will be attending the Appleseed in St. Augustine.  This will be my third Appleseed and hopefully I will be able to shoot to Rifleman standards this time.  I have been dry firing at home for the past two months and have been to the range once a month since the last Appleseed I attended in December.
Whiskey Tango 9

blackrhino12

Quote from: LadyVetch on April 13, 2010, 09:42:49 PM
Hi Blackrhino12,

I am going to be at the Myakka City AP as a new Instructor. 

This your first Appleseed?  You are going to have a great time.      Any questions?

LadyVetch

This will be my first AS. I'm looking forward to it with no great expectations for my performance. I just want to learn, have fun and meet some like minded people.
Thank you for you kind response.

LadyVetch

Hi Theri,

3 times the charm... 

You've done your homework, now just relax and trust yourself.    You can do it. 

LadyVetch

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

jaxpilot

I'm shooting my first AS this weekend in St Augustine. Got my new Ruger 10/22 LTR ready, got my Marlin 795 LTR ready as a backup, and just received today my CMP M1 Garand which I hope to shoot at least once before the weekend gets here!

Looking forward to it. A little bummed out my buddy procrastinated and didn't get registered, he is I think #4 on the waiting list.

Paul

LadyVetch

BlackRhino,

You're going to do great.  As the checklists say the most important thing is a teachable attitude and you appear to have that!  O0

You'll be amazed at how much you will learn in just one short weekend.   And not just about marksmanship.  The History is amazing too.  

There will be an After action report for the event where you can post about your experience.  I will be interested to read what you thought about it.

ladyvetch

LadyVetch

Jaxpilot,

I have a marlin 795 LTR that I used to score my first Rifleman with.  My son will be using it this weekend at his first Appleseed.  It's a sweet little rifle.

What great timing on the Garand! There is nothin' like the ping of the endblock telling you you're out of Ammo!   

Bummer about your buddy!    I hope it works out for him to attend.

LadyVetch

theri

Quote from: LadyVetch on April 13, 2010, 10:29:40 PM
Hi Theri,

3 times the charm... 

You've done your homework, now just relax and trust yourself.    You can do it. 

LadyVetch

:)

LadyVetch

You were right.  The third time was the charm.  I shot a 218 and received my Rifleman patch on Saturday afternoon. :)  ^:)^ :).

Thank you for your encouragement

Theri

Whiskey Tango 9

ThaiFighter

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

douglas34474

Theri worked for that patch, as we all did. A math error showed he only shot a 208. In the fashion of a true gentleman, he politely asked if I could recount his target that someone else had scored. I found a 10 point error, and it was my honor to be the first to shake his hand as a Rifleman.

Theri shows the true sprite of a Rifleman. Congratulations Sir.