News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night III NM Check in

Started by Devnull, April 13, 2010, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devnull

Howdy folks! It's Virtual Muster Night III! Post below letting us know your here!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

duc-dog

If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

SamD

Sam checking in.
everybody ready for this weekend?

Devnull

EEL

EEL here from Illinois.  Sure enjoyed your hospitality when we were at WSMR.

Take care and have a great shoot this week end.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

SamD

Hi EEL,
Come on out sometime for a 'Seed, Raton maybe.
You'll really like that

34 pre regs for Roswell
42 for Raton
24 for Rio Rancho
We are way ahead of the game folks

TaosGlock

Checkin' in!
Just got back from the range.
Me, BlueFeather, Longrifle... and Floyd from our weekend AS.
We are packing up and finalizing logistics.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Devnull

How did your shoot go?

Can you share some pointers on how you promoted this shoot? Those numbers you and Sam have are FANTASTIC! I must learn from the masters!

EEL

Sam, just gotta pack for that "warm"   #)   NM desert weather!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

BlueFeather

I'm here.  Boy, you know the days are so nice right now, its just fantastic to go take a few hours off to go shooting! We don't do that nearly enough.

/G
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

oladcock

Hey everybody....I'm here. BF, so you had a good time at the range? Shoot anything fun? We had our AR's out the other day, great fun...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Strawberry Roan

Red here, checking in!  Excited about the first Roswell shoot, hoping to be many more!

Devnull

Woo! We've got a party here now!

So, anything special you all are doing for the shoots this weekend?

I have a friend who is supposed to be coming down to do a demo of loading and firing a flinchrock during lunch on Saturday. That's all I have been able to come up with so far.

nmmi9100

Dave here.  Crappy old computer and all.

New computer will be here on Friday.

I'll be with Devnull at the Rio Rancho shoot this weekend.

-David
Edgewood, NM

TaosGlock

Well I'm still not satisfied with the numbers. That line at Raton should be full. >:(
Just simple stuff that came up, miscoms on their end and changing of the guard on our end.
No biggie, normal stuff with all of us working 10 jobs, %) etc. but we learned from it.

We did not get on their online calendar or in their freebie promotional booklet they publish and give out, both at the WC and to businesses in Raton.
IIRC, they send it out to clubs across the nation.

We are going to discuss camera ready advertisement and try to get some 501c pricing so we have an ad in that booklet.
While we are up there this weekend, on Monday we are going to talk to their program directors.
Unless someone objects we are just gonna set some dates for 2011.
One each month from April to Sept. (the last month they will let us shoot as the hunters are there).
I might try and set one for March. Weather can be pretty decent or dismal. But if the midwest/east guys can do winter stuff surely we can do March.
Again, a bit chilly and maybe unpredictable but we can get inside.

Remember, NRAWC is a world class destination for shooters.
It would be great for NM's first RBC followed by a 2 day event.
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

nmmi9100

Devnull:

What about BobABQ?  He's an IIT, an IBC graduate, and local to Albuquerque and could work this shoot so you can release someone to Dan & Gill...

As you can tell, I'm pulling to go to Raton for the weekend...

Got a FAL and an LRB begging to bang those 500 meter Rams at NRAWC.

HA HA.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Devnull

David, I need you here bud. If even half of the "Oh yeah! I'm coming!" people walk on were going to be in trouble. I would rather one of the IITs go. Any takers?

I'm working to see if I can find someone to help them out. I'll call Dale tonight and see if he can make it up there. You never know.

TaosGlock

EDITED to add current amount of Raton instructors!

So here is who we have for instructors:
TG, BF, staplegund, twh731, Jason a friend of redneck who is an IIT0. I have been talking to Longrifle right now.  &)
He is a SB from CO (and btw, right now CO looks pretty decently staffed) but was scheduled for a 5 day work conference which was set in stone last year so he did not sign up for anything.

Even if we have him that is only 6 for likely 50 shooters.  That is about a 1/8 ratio...with boy scouts. (1/10 with only 5 of us)
More will sign up before the week is over. Count on it.
Plus, as devnull said, your walk ons....and that goes for all the NM shoots this weekend.
That is how it always goes around here. Can't predict so be prepared. O0

As SamD said, and I paraphrase, our state is smokin'.  Everyone has worked hard to get folks to the lines.
Good job all you guys!

traveler

I got out of school early and rushed home to make the muster.   :---
The impossible just takes a little longer.

Devnull

Longrifle eh? Is that the longrifle I have worked with before up there in Raton? Tell him I say howdy!

SamD

34 on tap for Roswell so far and I know we will be getting walkons,.

The secret to getting a good draw is having OL, StrawberryRoan, Jimi and Kathy Kolt doing your PR.

They been passing flyers, got us in the Artesia paper and 2 different radio spots

SamD

TaosGlock

Oh and BTW, hi all you guys!

Yes devnull, that is him!

And thanks for calling us NMMI to express your concern. I did invite Dave and Karin just in case he forgot about us. ;)

Bottom line, BF and our present crew will get the mission done safely!

Good to hear from you again traveler!

traveler

with school and shift work I've been a bit busy but hopefully I can get to some of the shoots this summer

BlueFeather

Shooting was a blast today.  Its Long Rifle (two words, not one) BTW.  He put his AR 22 conversion upper on one of Dan's lowers and this thing was awesome! Finally a conversion that works.  SO we shot that, and then I went back to my trusty 20inch Bull Barrel AR that I haven't shot in ages.  I need to get back into the swing of things if I need to test at long distance to maintain my status.

BobABQ says he has finals and is wrapping up school, so he doesn't want to work... let him be.  We'll deal. If we can get Long Rifle, we will still have to work, but we'll do OK.  What we don't want is rain, but we 'll have no choice on that.

We had not planned anything special for April 19th, but I thought the synchronous firing line was a blast! 

Rumor has it that we will have a LOT of boy scouts, so we are trying to come up with a way to have them shoot the Green coat while the big boys shoot the AQT, and then award kiddie patches for rifleman scores.  I think having a lot of kids will set the tone for our event this year.

/G
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

traveler

have had a couople of hours here and there to work the nagant out to a little over 500 yards on the steel..figure now that I have the callouses built up on the shoulder it's time to mail my stuff off to CMP to get one of them low recoil M1s  ^:)^

nmmi9100

Quote from: Devnull on April 13, 2010, 10:44:45 PM
David, I need you here bud. If even half of the "Oh yeah! I'm coming!" people walk on were going to be in trouble. I would rather one of the IITs go. Any takers?

I'm working to see if I can find someone to help them out. I'll call Dale tonight and see if he can make it up there. You never know.

Dude...i'm not really messing with leaving you hangin...but BobABQ seriously needs to show up for the April 19 shoot.

-David

SamD

Bob has departed from the program.
gave him too much pressure

Devnull

What? I thought he was taking a break from it to focus on his schooling? He actually left Appleseed? Wow. That sucks.

nmmi9100

Quote from: SamD on April 13, 2010, 11:43:51 PM
Bob has departed from the program.
gave him too much pressure

Did you get a letter or is this spy agency stuff?

-David
Edgewood, NM