News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

All Hands 4-13-10

Started by esaabye, April 13, 2010, 08:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esaabye

Just checking in, been getting the gear ready for the weekend, looking forward to meeting some new folks, learning some, teaching some and I get to spend the weekend watching my 10yo son improve his shooting.

Should be a nice time in Gunnison, even if it rains...

Blue Skies

Hi, just got in.  What did I miss?  LOL.  Been busy all week getting ready for the weekend, should be a great time!!  Hoping for NO RAIN in Fountain!

Blue Skies

Bettendorf

I'm taking the wife to Gunnison this weekend.  Last years trip to Rahma (spelling) didn't go so well with the snow storm.  What's the weather supposed to be like this weekend in Gunnison?  Anyone else going? 

esaabye

Looks like some rain in Gunnison, afternoon showers and highs in the 50's.  Looks like we have 23 registered so far.  

See you then

Franktown_Kid

We had our snow last year.

This year we are due beautiful weather.

Of course, it is Colorado so a one hour afternoon thunderstorm hardly counts.
"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they have been resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress." - Frederick Douglass

Romeo's Hero

Rain/Snow or Shine we are looking forward to a great shoot this weekend. I hear from those is Gunnison that things are looking good for weather this weekend but that it could also change the day of.

Either way, Double D and I are glad to be coming from CA to help out with this shoot;meet some great instructors, work with some awesome shooters and have a great weekend with Appleseeders.

Juliette
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

Colorado Pete

Pete here...hoping for a relatively dry weekend! At least the ground at Fountain is mostly sand, makes for less mud! I just hope the road in stays passable!

"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

zombiehunter

Miss you guys!  And Rich is right, Colorado Sam, Newman, and I woke up to over 6" on the ground Saturday AM.  Three shoots on the same weekend?  Man how Colorado's grown since that first shoot on FranktownKid's ranch.  Now that I'm out here, Nebraska's going to follow the same blueprint we used in Colorado to build an outstanding Instructor Corps, too.  Have a great time this weekend!

Zombie
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/

Blue Skies

Miss you too, Zombie.  Sounds like you're doing great whipping those Nebraskans into shape!  My family and I camped out on the range at Fountain all weekend, and with the fog and overcast, I have to say I've not seen darker nights in a long, long time.  We're definitely going to get out to NE sometime this summer, so save me a spot!!

Deep, deep thanks to all the CO folks who worked so hard to pull off a great weekend here!  I am admittedly new to this, compared to most, but the level of dedication, committment and heart I've seen from the people I've met here moves me beyond description.  It's an honor to work with you all.

Blue Skies