News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Last weekend at KCR

Started by para45acp, April 12, 2010, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

para45acp

I was camping down the road from some Appleseeders and stopped by to visit with ya once, but nobody was around. Neighbors said you were all in the show area at the time. Glanced over there a couple other times when walking to and fro... just didn't seem to catch anybody at home, but wanted to say hi none the less. So, hello from the Ohio board  ;)
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Mudcat

Those weren't KY. Appleseeders at Knob Creek we were at a shoot in Crittenden KY. this weekend all of us but 1 anyway. I believe the Appleseeders you seen would have been EEL. I know he goes down there most every shoot.  :~
But hey, thanks for saying hey anyway. O0
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

para45acp

Never got to talk to anyone, so just assumed  :-[ it was a Kentucky chapter representing and promoting out there.
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

SavageShootr

I think Mudcat is correct. It was those border-raiding Illisconsinites! Are they looking to become Illituckians now too? I guess anything is better than Illinois(usks)!

EEL said he and some buddies were going to be camping at KCR. We are all one big happy Appleseed family.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Mudcat

Quote from: para45acp on April 12, 2010, 07:31:41 PM
Never got to talk to anyone, so just assumed  :-[ it was a Kentucky chapter representing and promoting out there.

We all promote and represent wherever we are. I had planned to try and go to the shoot on friday but decided to stay home and study instead. It paid off in the long run. Besides when I go down there I always end up spending too much money. :'(
Hope you had a good time.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

EEL

Sheesh !!!  It's so a guy can't even sneak over the border anymore w/o being found out   ;D  Mudcat, Yeah, that was my banner and info box posted in the campground.  Started out with 250 fliers in the box and another 500 in the range house.  By the end of the weekend, only about 200 fliers left in the range house and about 100 in my info box.  Left all the remaining fliers in the range house.

The boys from Poker Face, the band Scout is supposed to have on his show soon, stopped by to say hi.  Also several folks stopped by to ask about the program.  Sorry we missed ya para45.  :-\  Gotta contact Beefree as one bunch was from up MI way.  Hope this helps out the KY program.  Always glad to help out our neighbors.  Never know when we might want to take over their state  **)   **)

EEL

P.S.  But did you really have to send Dinky down to check up on me ?

P.S.S.  Yeah, I shamelessly put the "300 shoot' info on the reverse side.   ^:)^
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

para45acp

Guess I shoulda tried a little harder to meet up with ya! It was my first shoot in quite a few yrs that I wasn't shackled to a table in the pavilion. Spent too much time running around visiting, shopping, and watching the stuff I hadn't gotten to see for a while  ;)

Oh well, maybe next time we'll bump into each other!!!

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10