News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Custer 17-18 UPDATE

Started by Westcreek, April 12, 2010, 10:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westcreek

Had tables at the Rapid City Gun Show this past weekend, gave out at least 150 flyers, spoke with many individuals about the program. Good response from all. :)

I'm sure not happy with the pre registration numbers on this one, but maybe there was enough interest over the past weekend to fill the line.

One young man I spoke with was very excited about the upcoming shoot, he said he had attended an AS in the past and was looking for another for him and his buddies.

He asked if it was too late to register and I informed him "No" and told him the pre reg. numbers, he made it a personal mission and took a pile of flyers and took of around the show. I started calling him "Paul Revere", every time he passed my tables,I told him "Ride, Paul, Ride!"

I was very impressed with this young man, I would guess he gave out another 100 flyers and took a stack home with him to distribute. After seeing his work I informed him that if he filled the shoot I will supply his ammo in the caliber of his choice for the shoot. It might be costly if he brings his .308, but he deserves it.  :) :)

The boisterous sea of liberty is never without a wave. Thomas jefferson 1820

Whisker

Great Job Westcreek! 

Heads up, I may be moving to Saint Francis in the Fall.  We'll be neighbors!
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

TheCount

That's awesome Westcreek.   Folks better show up.  Don't have the Buffalo Roundup excuse this time around.   Looks like it will be nice this weekend; minimal chance of showers and in the 50s.

Whisker, you going to be able to make it?   If not, looks like it might just be Westcreek and I as far as instructors go.   Hookijac might make it down for Saturday.   I think Jared and Beulah have the monthly Sundance shoot... 'course they could come for one of the days &)

Westcreek

You're a traveling rascal ain't ya Whisker.
The boisterous sea of liberty is never without a wave. Thomas jefferson 1820

rgrosz

Well guy and gals it looks like I won't make it... :'(

Will try to make it to one shoot this year    ;D

Can't believe that this is all we have in South Dakota.    :-[

Rob