News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alton Appleseed

Started by rprlrpc, April 12, 2010, 12:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reveille

Way to step up and deliver Rprlrpc!  Recon rules!  See you soon. Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Reveille

TC, 10-4 on the mid morning contact.  George63 will be riding with me, turns out he lives 5 miles away.  He has a gene and hammer drill and he is checking his bit inventory.  Leaving the Joliet area at 7am. It's definelty on now!  Truck is already loaded.  Can't wait.

Hotel would probably be best for Friday night.  I will also be staying at the pit Saturday night as well as George63.

As far as history goes.......we will have to figure that out, maybe D.O.M then if your insisting?  I will do what I can.  Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Missouri Brigade

I'll be at "Alton" now.  I was thinking about driving down on Saturday morning.  Let me know if you think otherwise.  Can I pitch a tent there or should I plan on sleeping in my car?  I have a place to stay in St. Charles MO, but there is no real direct bridge route to there.

Steve

Reveille

Welcome aboard MB.  I think we met last year in Alton.  Looking forward to working with you.   Reveille.

mtbrass

I will be there as a shooter with three youngsters. Live about 40 minutes or so away on the Illinois side in Greene County, can't help Friday as I have to work but, I have shot there before on a CC class, water was there then also, thought at that time maybe a pump in a low spot and enough discharge hose might work?.  Also, Wanted to offer if there are last minute needs of something from town let me know and I can grab it on my way to the shoot.  Thanks for the work you put in on this.

rprlrpc

Quote from: Missouri Brigade on April 15, 2010, 11:22:13 AM
I'll be at "Alton" now.  I was thinking about driving down on Saturday morning.  Let me know if you think otherwise.  Can I pitch a tent there or should I plan on sleeping in my car?  I have a place to stay in St. Charles MO, but there is no real direct bridge route to there.

Steve

Steve, Take MO 96 to the Grafton ferry, about 15 minutes from St Charles. Then take IL 100 north, left turn after coming of the ferry. 15 miles or so you will
come to IL16 Left turn again take first right, about two miles range will be at the old quarry on the right

Reveille

Quote from: Missouri Brigade on April 15, 2010, 11:22:13 AM

Steve
MB, TC is planning on the Instructor Dinner Meeting Friday night.  You can definitely set up camp or sleep in your car if you don't like solid rock on your back.  See you soon.  Reveille.

Garand69

Excellent work Team IL!!

Now if only we could stop them interlopers
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

Those Are boarder raiders, and with a bit of coaxing and a Riflemans score or two they should be IIT`s by Sunday afternoon. Great Job fellows, JP
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..