News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Range improvments

Started by hawkeye, April 12, 2010, 12:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

We have seats for the range truck to make the trip down range a little more pleasant. We also had a great Saturday for a shoot, the rain washed the pollen away and the air was nice and clear for the first time in weeks. For the first time we had a tie for first, Lawson (1903A3) and Wildman (M-14), and a tie for second Kevin (M-14) and I (1917). Jon cooked his famous Hot dogs while we stood around and solved the words problems.  
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

wildman

Hawk you beat me to it. Congratulations to Hawk Jr. for his outstanding shooting on Saturday. I was scoring for him and it was exciting to watch.

Saturday was a great day but then they are all great.

Someone sent me a PM on Friday asking if we were going to have the shoot on Saturday. The range doesn't get set up by its self. Because of the distance I live from the range when I go to set up I stay there for several days. The day before and sometimes on Thursday we are already there getting set up so don't expect me to be able to answer PM the day before.

It is a good idea to check this forum before coming to a field shoot things can happen but unless there is an announcement posted on this forum the shoot is a go. 
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

If you need an answer Pm Hawkeye and I can help you too. I'm usually home Friday night.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student