News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night III - Tuesday - 7pm

Started by Greg in MO, April 11, 2010, 10:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg in MO

Just a reminder that the 3rd Muster night is this Tuesday.  This is the last chance to get together before the big April 17-18 weekend.

See you then!

Greg

SebalLudington

If CookieLady is bringing "virtual" cookies, I'll bring "virtual" brownies..... ;D

Redleg13a

What time?  I'm 8 hours ahead of ya'll sice I'm in Kuwait.....

nemohunter

it's at 7 PM so whatever that is i guess 7AM for you.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Redleg13a

That's 0300 for me.  Don't guess I'll be there for that one....Have fun ya'll!

ErikAnderson

Just dropping in for a sec to say hi.  I'm in Philly in a client's plant with monitored wireless, so I can't stream the radio show or spend much time on here.  If you can't make one of our fantastic MO shoots, come on down to Little Rock, AR.  We might have a spot or two left for you! O0

thursday

Man these virtual musters are sure easier than the real ones our fore fathers did.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

EEL

EEL checking in with our friends in MO.  Always nice to know you have friends lurking about.  Well, not exactly lurking, skulking?  >:D NO!  Maybe just bein' there when the they're needed.   ;)

Have a great weekend and keep it safe.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

SebalLudington

Tin Whistle player present and reporting for duty....this is the right forum for Virtual Muster night right?

ben1775

You are in the right place, good evening all.

Thursday right on the mark brother, we have the luxury of mustering here from the comfort of our homes thanks to their much less pleasant muster.

So is everybody ready for the big weekend?

Gumballhead

Another from IL checking in.

Hope to make it to Osage this year for RBC!   :--- :---

thursday

if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

SebalLudington

Chris said if we had any useful suggestions..........what about a discount for Veteran's? Or Senior Citizen Veterans to come to an Appleseed? They've already paid a bit of a price, they most likely love this country and since they have already defended it..........Some may say "oh, I know how to shoot, they taught me how in the Army, Navy, AF, etc." My answer is yeah, and you probably did about 3,000 sit-ups at a time back then too? A brush up with the fantastic stories included.....is a GREAT weekend! O0

ErikAnderson

Quote from: ben1775 on April 13, 2010, 09:40:46 PM

Just getting my 1st strike polished up such that people say; 'Dang, that's better than Ben1775. I didn't even get a nap in'. >:D

ben1775

Quote from: MisterAnderson on April 13, 2010, 09:51:33 PM
Quote from: ben1775 on April 13, 2010, 09:40:46 PM

Just getting my 1st strike polished up such that people say; 'Dang, that's better than Ben1775. I didn't even get a nap in'. >:D
See the nap is why mine is so popular so your shootin yourself in the foot by shortening it up that much.

ErikAnderson

Quote from: ben1775 on April 13, 2010, 09:55:54 PM
See the nap is why mine is so popular so your shootin yourself in the foot by shortening it up that much.

The shooters can sleep....LATER.   ~~:) **)

ben1775

Quote from: SebalLudington on April 13, 2010, 09:48:58 PM
Chris said if we had any useful suggestions..........what about a discount for Veteran's? Or Senior Citizen Veterans to come to an Appleseed? They've already paid a bit of a price, they most likely love this country and since they have already defended it..........Some may say "oh, I know how to shoot, they taught me how in the Army, Navy, AF, etc." My answer is yeah, and you probably did about 3,000 sit-ups at a time back then too? A brush up with the fantastic stories included.....is a GREAT weekend! O0

Not a bad idea however this issue has been hashed out by the steering committee and for the time being it is the way it is. They frequently consider the pros and cons of expanding the free shooter list to include other groups but they also have to weigh the fact that AS operates at a loss every year and is only keep afloat by the generosity of some large donors.

If you want to write something up about it I'd be happy to make sure it gets to the appropriate people. Who knows maybe you're the one who can sway their opinion on the issue. One person can make a difference just ask Paul Revere.

Ben

SebalLudington

Or Sybal Ludington and her horse Star, who rode twice are far.......at 16 years old, alone & at night...Paul rode what? Wasn't it 20 miles, Sybal & Star rode 40, and were later thanked by Gen. George Washington.

I was just thinking of things to increase attendance, and to get other groups whose lightbulbs would flash on real quickly. I didn't know it had been brought up before......

thursday

This will be my first shoot working instead of shooting.  Dose the instructor core have some kind of "after hours" meeting or are they done when the shooters leave?

SebalLudington

Bet that depends on how late the shooters stay, eh Ben1775?? ;D

ben1775

Quote from: SebalLudington on April 13, 2010, 10:30:10 PM
Or Sybal Ludington and her horse Star, who rode twice are far.......at 16 years old, alone & at night...Paul rode what? Wasn't it 20 miles, Sybal & Star rode 40, and were later thanked by Gen. George Washington.

I was just thinking of things to increase attendance, and to get other groups whose lightbulbs would flash on real quickly. I didn't know it had been brought up before......

Oh yes Sybal, don't think I forgot her or her ride. I only mentioned Mr. Revere because he is a big focus of the history we tell but none of us have forgoten Sybal I assure you  O0

Just because it's been discussed before doesn't mean that they won't change their minds, after all women used to have to pay to attend. I think the idea does have merit and is worthy of consideration.

Ben

ben1775

Quote from: thursday on April 13, 2010, 10:31:48 PM
This will be my first shoot working instead of shooting.  Dose the instructor core have some kind of "after hours" meeting or are they done when the shooters leave?

Yes Shelia it does depend on whether or not you have a shooter who wants to shoot by headlights  ;D

Thursday, typically the instructors have an instructor dinner following the shoot on Saturday at which time they discuss how the shoot went. At Osage KR will (most likely) have dinner at his house where you will discuss the shoot and a host of other topics I would imagine  %)

Greg in MO

Hey gang.  Just got in and got the girls in bed.  Figured we'd better check in as well.  We're all set for Williamstown this weekend.  Guess I'd better see if we have any shooters signed up yet.

Greg

Cookie Lady

Just checking in. I get to do 1st strike this weekend (among other things  :)) so I want to make sure I do Ben proud. I know that's his baby. I will miss working with so many of the great MO crew this weekend, but it will be fun to get together afterwards and compare stories.

Robin

ben1775

Quote from: Cookie Lady on April 13, 2010, 11:01:58 PM
Just checking in. I get to do 1st strike this weekend (among other things  :)) so I want to make sure I do Ben proud. I know that's his baby. I will miss working with so many of the great MO crew this weekend, but it will be fun to get together afterwards and compare stories.

Robin

I'm sure 1st strike's in good hands with you Robin  O0

Jungle George

I finally made it in I had to go get another truck, my poor old toyota bit the dust last week and I just got home.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

SebalLudington

I think any shoot that gets the "Pioneer" crew is going to be very blessed & lucky! :bow: