News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

TWO LINES AT CALVERTON!!!

Started by kDan, April 11, 2010, 07:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

I am waiting for it to happen, but SavageShootr should be in the process of re-opening registration for Calverton for next week-end.  The event has been sold out for two months, but we just got all our ducks lined up to open a second line.

We can accept another 25 shooters which would put us at about 75.  Any referrals are appreciated.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Vergeltung

Dan, do you know what the physical layout will be. IIRC, as you stand at the line looking at the targets, off to the right, over the hill is another area. if you walk back towards the car-parking area in the area we use for the AS shoots, there's a cut through (about the width of 2 cars) to an adjacent area.

that was my "urinal" area for the 2 shoots I was there for.  ;) it looks sizable enough to host a second group. the thought being there, that the groups could still kind of associate together, etc.

if it's not that spot, I am not sure where the second line could be. you know more than me?   @)

kDan

That's the one.  The two lines will be separated by a central perpendicular berm.  If we have enough instructors, I may post someone on top of the berm to kind of watch both sides - not sure about that.  I'd love to sit up there with binoculars and lemonade, but I have to run one of the lines.  With the number of cars and limited parking and two giant sand piles in the way, I don't think we'll be doing anything other than the 25m thing.  Check that - we will NOT be doing anything other than 25m.

SavageShootr has informed that she released tickets to 25 additional shooters that were on a waiting list, so we have about 75 pre-regs now.  VietVet says he expects any number of walk-ons.  Who knows how many will show up, but we should make quite a group.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Vergeltung

sounds awesome! should be legendary!  :)

VietVet

Quote from: kDan on April 13, 2010, 09:45:43 AM

SavageShootr has informed that she released tickets to 25 additional shooters that were on a waiting list, so we have about 75 pre-regs now.  VietVet says he expects any number of walk-ons.  Who knows how many will show up, but we should make quite a group.

As of now 5:45 PM Tuesday, 24 of those 25 tickets have been SOLD!

1 left.

It will surely go.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

LongIslandFirearms

Terrific news!

What a day it shall be for Appleseed!

VietVet

Quote from: LongIslandFirearms on April 14, 2010, 01:22:50 PM
Terrific news!

What a day it shall be for Appleseed!

A special Thank You has to go out to Long Island Firearms for manning this event. I don't know the exact figure but I'll bet 95%+ of the shooters are members of LIF. If not all the shooters. Thanks guys & gals.

Also Thank You for providing free lunch to all shooters and RWVA Staff on Saturday.
That what makes this event extra Special......Brotherhood!
Two organizations joining together to make a Special Event go well for those that chose to participate.

Priceless!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Josey Wales

..Rich I agree, its great to see the working togetherness it warms my heart.. It will be a glorious day for Long Island..
..Great job..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

kDan

Indeed Props to the LIF forum.  Steve, VietVet...  you guys have really stepped up.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

I believe this is the first AS shoot location to be repeatedly filled (almost exclusively) by a group outside of AS. By outside I do not mean not a part of AS, because of course LIF is, but you know what I mean. Great job LIF, VVet, BJM, Steve and all the numerous people that make Calverton a point of light in NY.

So maybe this helps in our promotions direction...... looks what can happen when we get two groups working together for a common goal.

Big things are starting to happen. Meanstreakers NRA interview, Derry Brownfield show, Cheaper Than Dirt wanting to help, the Military shoots, Rifleman Radio show getting bigger etc etc etc....

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

LongIslandFirearms

It's the least we can do for Appleseed.

Remember ALL SATURDAY attendees:

12:30pm Long Island Firearms will be serving lunch AT NO COST on Saturday.  It's our way to say thanks for bringing AS back to Long Island and making it a successful event.

LIF thrives on community events as well:

• Street cleanup on April 25th
  • Blood drive on Wed July 7, 2010
  • Ongoing band-aid drive.
You can read all about it here: (www.KeepLongIslandClean.org)

Also, attention female shooters; LIF will be hosting a Women On Target as well:  www.LongIslandWomenOnTarget.com *JUNE 12th 2010 @ 10:00AM

Much is happening at LIF. (Range Meet-ups, BBQs and more!)  If you are not a part of the group, please stop by the website and sign-up.  It's FUN and FREE!  

*Long Island Firearms is both a not-for-profit and a recognized NRA/NYSRPA Club with over 1400+ members. All members who attend LIF events are insured.    

SavageShootr

Quote from: VietVet on April 13, 2010, 06:45:39 PM
Quote from: kDan on April 13, 2010, 09:45:43 AM

As of now 5:45 PM Tuesday, 24 of those 25 tickets have been SOLD!

1 left.

It will surely go.

Of the people who were on the waiting list not all of them chose to buy. Probably made plans in the interim. Some people had been on the list since February. There are 18 spots open for this event.

Have a fabulous shoot!

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

kDan

Thanks, Savage for your help and continuous contact.

We may just be able to squeeze everybody onto one line.  Let's see what happens with the weather.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout