News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NEW Range!

Started by 4bfox, April 10, 2010, 11:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

FINALLY got the application signed for a NEW range just outside Eureka, at the Flint Hills Family Camp.

I think this will evolve into a GREAT site for Appleseed in Kansas! Check out their website: http://flinthillsfamilycamp.com

Cabins/dormitories sleep up to 120, meeting hall seats up to 120, full kitchen, RV hookups, nice firepit site with seats, bathhouse, swimming pool, outdoor chapel, what more can I say?! This has RBC/IBC written all over it....they want everything we can do there.

Breaking ground for our new 300 yard range on Monday, just in time for the April 17-18 shoot.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

The ][rishman

Congratulations and thank you!  I know how hard you have worked for this.

Paul
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

Dinky Dao

I checked out the link. Wow. I'm excited. :o Yep, I'd say this placed screams RBC/IBC.  ^-^ O0

So. Make it happen.  ;)

And thanks 4bfox, for this fantastic addition to "Kansas". Hummm...I'm willin' to bet The ][rishman just LOOOOVES you right about now...

:D

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Greg in MO

Excellent.  Let's get some shoots on the schedule!

Greg

The ][rishman

Greg, The shoots are already scheduled. FHFC will be the Eureka AS Range.  We will be shifting the schedule to reflect the new range.

And Dinky, yes, I have nothin but mad love for the brother!  Ben works hard to make sure the Eureka shoots go smoothly, and is a wonderful source of encouragement to those around him and to me personally.

To those of you who do come to the Eureka shoots help us support FHFC by staying at the camp.  You will sleep indoors with a bathroom (hot showers).  You will have access to the pool; great for those hot June through August afternoons.  Larry, the Director, I think is giving AS participants a reduced rate that is competitive with a camping permit at state parks.  Only you don't need to set up your tent. 

][

III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

henschman

Great news!  I'll have to come up and check it out.

Time to make some more Shoot Bosses up that way!
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

4bfox

Whew...broke ground today....was starting to sweat this deal a little. Anywho...we'll soon have a new hillside to shoot at!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

BLUEJACKET

Will the dorms be open Friday night/afternoon ?
Remember, muskets were the assault weapon
of their day! - Unknown
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second does not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson
"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

The ][rishman

Quote from: BLUEJACKET on April 15, 2010, 12:57:15 PM
Will the dorms be open Friday night/afternoon ?

They should be.  I am planning on arriving early Friday evening around 7pm. 
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT