News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ISRA OPEN HOUSE!!!! Help Wanted

Started by Garand69, April 08, 2010, 02:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

This is sort of a double request for Volunteers. Last year ISRA was nice enough to provide us with Table space and Pappy and Mrs. Pappy worked their tails off promoting Appleseed.

With the big "300" Shoot on the schedule, we really need a good show at this event. So for the first part of the request, we need Volunteers to help run the Appleseed Table.

For the second part of the request, any spare Volunteers that could help with running some of the Ranges at the event are very welcome to attend, in fact, ISRA has a nice incentive for Range Volunteers. The following was copied from an e-mail that I received from them....

WANTED: Firearm Instructors & Volunteers to assist Shooters at the
8th Annual Illinois State Rifle Association Range Open House on June 26, 2010

NEW FOR 2010: Special Incentive for Volunteers - Prize drawing at the conclusion of the event - 1st Prize is a Ruger MKIII 22/45

To all ISRA members and their friends,

Once again it is time for our Annual Range Open House. We can't of course put this event on without volunteers just like you. We know everyone's time is valuable, with things to do around the house, vacations to take, and just plain relaxing.

This is an all day event! We are looking for your help to provide assistance to men, women, and children in learning the fundamentals of the shooting sports.

The ISRA Range is located in Bonfield, near Kankakee . If you are interested in volunteering, please send email to member@isra.org with your information, call the ISRA office at 815/635-3198 or complete the form below and fax or mail it to:
Illinois State Rifle Association, PO Box 637 , Chatsworth IL 60921
Fax: 815-635-3723

Additional Details:
Volunteer Incentive Drawing: 

1st Prize the Ruger MKIII 22/45 with 5.5" barrel, just one will be given away.

The drawing is at 6:00 pm and you must be present to win.

There will be be additional prizes drawn after the Ruger.

Parking:

Parking for all volunteers will be in the General Parking Area - across the street from the Range

Work Days for New or Current Range Members:

Working from 7:00 am until 4:00 pm will constitute 1 work day credit

Working from 7:00 am until completion will constitute 2 work day credits

We are going to try very hard to put on an even better event than last year. Of course the time that you could contribute would help to show everyone what a great Range we have, and what a great bunch of people we all are.

PLEASE VOLUNTEER, we need your help.

Thanking You,
ISRA Range Open House committee

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

Hello All; You can put both of us down again.. Can we enter twice???  It was our 22nd wedding aniversary, SO no lame ass EXCUSES flatlanders.... We had a great time, what a fine group of Americans.. Mr. EEL and Daughters were also there handing out Appleseed Promo materials, Thanks to EEL and the Girls,, Well done.   Pappy & Mrs %)Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Garand69

Bump

Who's coming out for the open house??? Sound off and let us know, we need all the promo we can get!!!
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

EEL

I'll be there.  Wagon full of flier in tow  ^:)^

Have to work on getting the girls there again. @@)  Bribes !!  That's it !!  I'm from Chicago :cool2:  Why didn't I think of that sooner  #)   **)

EEL

Pappy

Hello TEAM ILLINOIS; I heard there will be icecream and Jelly doughnuts. So Patch your bucket and spend a day selling the program, we need your help. And ya may get a chance ta win a new pea shooter.. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Garand69

ICECREAM< JELLY DOUGHNUTS AND GIRLS!!!!  ^:)^ oh wait....... EEL might be talking about his girls... never mind @)
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Reveille

Hoooooooah!  I'll be there this year.  Still regretting missing last year.  May be bringing the rugrats to help out.  Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Pappy

Hello Group; Well it`s almost that time again!!!! ILLINOIS STATE RIFLE ASSN. Open House :--- :~ ;) ;) :) O0 @) **) ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
OK TEAM ILLINOIS----- Here is the plan make a day of it at the ISRA Range SELLING the program to our fellow Illinois brothers and sisters. Pack a lunch, bring a chair, you won`t need and make a difference here in your state! :sos: :bow: We need your help-- Please..  JUNE - 26 - 2010,, Gates OPEN AT 7:00 AM 0700 for set up... There will be much to do and many vendors with all the new  :~ :--- :bow: Stuff Mom wants and NEEDS. Also I heard that there will be Ice cream and lots of stuff to shoot... Boarder raiders are welcome as always..  :cool2: 8) :) :), just mind your manners @&) @&) @&), We had a great time there last year our 22 wedding aniv, Wow... I think she must love me!  Jarrett & Jon Papineau, Pappy & Mrs Pappy

Reveille

Pappy, I am still planning on being there with the family in tow.  We should be able to have my youngsters help out with the distribution of documents and maybe some consumption of said "ice cream". ;D ;D  They are actually good helpers and this will be a great opportunity for them to pitch in.  We will be there in the AM and stay as long as they can tolerate it.  If you like, we can discuss this further at the event this weekend.  See you then.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Pappy

Hello Reveille; That will work out well, I will have my gun show kit to pass/intrust to you, its a duffle with table covers and a ammo crate with the swats and blue press reprints along with our Illinois Tour handouts... See ya there.

Who else???

Pappy

Gumballhead

Reveille

Hello all.  Pappy and I discussed the details of the event this past weekend and I have possession of the necessary materials.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..
I would like to have a final role call as early as possible this week to work out the final details to ensure proper coverage.  Any help would be greatly appreciated even if it is for part of the day. This will be great fun and an ideal opportunity to promote Appleseed.O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Thanks, Reveille.

2 clicks low

This is where I first heard of RWVA. I'd like to help you but I already volunteered as a Pistol Instructor / RSO.

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Wurstmacher

Cookie and I will plan on coming up.  Is there anything we need to bring?

EEL

Think we have all we'll need.  I am bringing fliers, banners, tables, LTR, M1.  Rev has the "Gun Show Kit".  Bring a chair, your "uniform" and let's promo!!