News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night Third Strike: April 13th, 2010!

Started by The Machine, April 07, 2010, 11:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Machine

Quote from: Spanner on April 13, 2010, 10:19:13 PM
Quote from: vanrichten on April 13, 2010, 09:56:59 PM
I am getting the word out to as many people as I can.  I carry around flyers with me to hand out whenever possible.  I am not sure what more we can do to get the word out.  Are there any papers we can advertise in that do not cost an arm and a leg?

I know we are putting stuff out at the gunshows with the WVCDL.  How else can we crack this nut?

We need a range near the Charleston (in the works), and a range near Morgantown.  That's how we crack it.

Vanrichten is very familiar with PCGC, he used to be a member there...perhaps he still is. He and siglite were doing some informal shooting there this past Sat., and siglite bumped into one of the big-shots at WSAZ--channel 3 TV--who also happens to be a club member.  I have a friend who has connections with that station too. We better darn well try to get a fantastic turnout for our first shoot at PCGC for that reason alone--TV time!  :)  That means promo work will be critical, WAY beforehand. I think this particular location alone could put a crack or two in that nut.

Do we even have any prospects up around Morgantown? I know the 2-3 that were mentioned in the past got shot down. Maybe since we now have Chrome on board, and Morgantown is in his region, he will shake something out of the bushes...he seems very motivated to find a location up there.

"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

Spanner

Falcon is on the forum.  Hi Falcon!  I saw the AAR from KY.  Sounds like it was a good shoot.   O0

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

vanrichten

I am no longer a member at PCGC but I know Siglite is.  I will more than likely re-join it soon so I can go to the board meetings.  I know the president of the club is gung ho about getting us down there.  It is really the only good range around here so hopefully it will get us some good publicity.  ..:..
An armed and informed law-abiding citizenry is the best defense against an unjust government and the criminal element created by irresponsible societal benevolence and activist judges. - Lt. Col. Allen West

Spanner

Quote from: The Machine on April 13, 2010, 10:38:44 PM

Do we even have any prospects up around Morgantown? I know the 2-3 that were mentioned in the past got shot down. Maybe since we now have Chrome on board, and Morgantown is in his region, he will shake something out of the bushes...he seems very motivated to find a location up there.

Preston County private land, when I can find it.  Wish me luck (not the kind I've been having).  I'll find something.

Spanner

OK, I don't have any new information.  Maybe the PM dispenser is broken, or leprosy can be caught via the internet.  Either way, no one is talking to me.

But tomorrow is another day.  Perhaps it will be clear.  Clearer.

The Machine

Sorry man, I've been on the phone for almost an hour. Do you know where I can get a hold of some SKS ammo before Sat?

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

Chrome

Quote from: The Machine on April 13, 2010, 11:41:43 PM
Sorry man, I've been on the phone for almost an hour. Do you know where I can get a hold of some SKS ammo before Sat?

I can get you all you need.  Let me know how much to get.  Steel cased wolf is easy to find, brass harder but still doable.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

Chrome

Quote from: The Machine on April 13, 2010, 10:38:44 PM

I'm getting the word out, and getting positive feedback on people I've talked to.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze52nyj/wvsfa/index.html

I hope to be infiltrating this range soon.  Maybe it's a possibility?

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

The Machine

I see you slipped in while I was reading your PM.  :) 

That range is worth looking into, IMO. It's near Fairmont, which is a decent size area to draw from. I noticed they had a "kids event" from 2007 in their 'Photo' section, so they might appreciate our program, since we're family friendly. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.