News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD clinic to be held May 1,2 near Ft. Meyers, FL.

Started by ItsanSKS, April 05, 2010, 07:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

To All Instructors:

PHenry will be instructing a Known Distance clinic in S. Florida, on some private property near Ft. Meyers.  This class will feature both 25m and full-distance (to 800yds!) shooting, as well as top-notch instruction from one of Appleseeds' Finest.

Fee for this class is $100/per person, which includes on-sight camping, gourmet food, and some of the best instruction one could ask for.  

At this clinic you will learn:
*the science of bullet trajectory
*concept and execution of a "Battle-Sight Zero"
*'standard' come-ups for US military rifles
*ACTUAL come-ups for YOUR rifle
*how to detect your target, BEFORE your target detects YOU
*how to estimate range to target with nothing more than your front sight
*how to estimate windspeed
*how to adjust for the effects of wind

And, more importantly, you will learn how to teach these things to your Appleseed students!  

Instructors who are interested in attending this KD clinic should contact PHenry on the forum.  

Carpooling may be available; please contact ItsanSKS on the forum to coordinate travel plans.  

Each Instructor is expected to provide his or her own center-fire rifle and ammunition.  Round count is expected to be 250-300 for the whole weekend, perhaps less.

This KD clinic is open to all current Instructors who own, or have available, a centerfire rifle, 250-300 rounds for said rifle, and can consistently score 210 or above on the QDAQT with same.

(EDIT: changed the 'tentative' fee for actual fee- same great instruction, at half the price!)
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ThaiFighter

as an attendee at the Bradford shoot recently, I can tell you that this event is worth any amount of time off or sacrifice...

This was an enormous boost to our skillset as instructors and was a galvanizing event that brought our instructor corp together as true LD riflemen and women.   We spent our days on the line learning and helping each other to progress.   We all came out the better for it.

I am situated about 3 hours from the range in Land O Lakes, FL, just N of Tampa.  As of this writing, I will be leaving from work on Friday evening, although I am considering taking Friday and possibly Thursday off if the range is open to ... er... warm ups.  :)

If anyone needs a stopover point or a place to park to ride out in the caravan.  I have very comfortable rooms and beds available.

I hope we'll see Dr John and FranklinFarmer and any of our Jawjan brethren that can make the journey.   

I look forward to seeing you all on the line!  :---
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Appalacious

Man, yall always gotta plan these things when we have other things on the calendar.  I'm still leaning toward the RBGC Garand match, but if that falls through for some reason, I'll be considering this.
J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

franklinfarmer

Itsan and PH,

If you guys didn't know, a large portion of the instructor corps/IITs up here are planning to attend a CMP Garand shoot on the same weekend.  I know I'll certainly be up for the KD, especially in another few months, when mama gets over the recent ammo purchases...and my skills level is better suited to what you have to offer.

FF
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

jollymeister

Made plans for the Garand match for that weekend.
Salute

ThaiFighter

An update!

After much discussion, the Florida corp unanimously decided that it just wouldn't be a shoot without you guys...

we decided to postpone the shoot a week with the hope that the GA crew can join us.

Will May 8 and 9 work for all y'all?
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Appalacious

Aw man, now it's on.  4 shooting weekends in a row.  I'll probably only make saturday but I'll try.

J

jollynator

Too far in an F150...

Now if they could have it near Ocala or so, yeah...

ThaiFighter

JN:  If you can make it as far as Tampa, I will get you the rest of the way there.   I've got a crew cab and so far only one rider with possibility of another. 

-GBS

Appalacious

Yeah, Ft Myers is a haul for Valdosta.  Even more so for Middle GA and Atlanta area.  Yall might want to put it back at May 1 if that works better.  :-[