News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed in the local newspaper

Started by Butt Stock, April 01, 2010, 06:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butt Stock

bob 210

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

GoldFish

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

scuzzy

Quote from: Butt Stock on April 01, 2010, 06:28:05 PM
http://www.presspublications.com/from-the-press/4146-appleseed-project-woodmore-student-teaches-others-in-marksmanship

Here is the link to the write up that was put in The Press.

ButtStock's mom, Lisa

Good one! I loved the part "I used to be a stubborn punk," he said. "It brought out the true person; it taught me discipline. Since I've become an instructor, I've learned how to read what people are thinking."

Still a lot of good young people in this country. That gives me hope. Here's a tip of the hat to you.

I gonna get this one put up on the Appleseed news page.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Bill 3

He can still be stubborn - but I don't see that much punk in him - something must be working.  Good write up!
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

yellowhousejake

Great write up!

I have emailed Mark Griffin asking permission to produce a reprint for inclusion in our press kits. If he responds yes, the PDF will available on the Indiana promo board.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Miki

Nice write up. ButtStock, I have learned so much from working with you. Apparently the 'stubborn punk' was gone before I met you. All I have ever seen is a confident young patriot!

Butt Stock

Quote from: Miki on April 01, 2010, 10:41:55 PM
Nice write up. ButtStock, I have learned so much from working with you. Apparently the 'stubborn punk' was gone before I met you. All I have ever seen is a confident young patriot!

Yes it was but I still have it if you want to see it. haha ;)

RPD

"It makes me think about what we can do to encourage people, when they actually get out there, about who they are and what they're about."

Ryan,  You are a young man who well knows what he is about!
Find job and Congrats on the wonderful write-up.

-RPD

*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

The Machine

Very nice job Butt Stock! It's stories of young folks like yourself that motivates and inspires me to invest my time, money, and energy into this program. Keep up the good work young man.  O0 A big "thumbs up" to mom too, for her support.  O0

I also was a "stubborn punk"; although the military worked me through most of that "problem".  ;D  If only there was Appleseed back then...
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

slim

This is why nobody is excluded from Appleseed. Had we been short-sighted and only seen that punk kid that came out to our line on that HOT summer day back in '08 ... none of this would've happened. Because of his hard work (and BOTH of his parents' involvement) we're looking at this today. - And he's only an IIT! Nobody is too young or too new, too much of a punk. EVERYBODY has something to offer.

Hats off to the whole family. And to those out there who think someone may not have what it takes for AS, remember - this Appleseed thing is about potential. It's about development. It's about growth, expansion, spreading the message to the masses and saving our country. It's about posterity. It's not about today, it's about what America can be when Butt Stock is our age. When he's Fred's age. When he's gone and his punk kids and his punk grandkids are growing up in our nation.

When they're passing on the tradition of Marksmanship and Heritage to their posterity. See the big picture, folks. EVERYONE is needed for this thing to work.

I've invited Mark Griffin to join us at the event on 04/24, I certainly hope he'll take me up on my offer. And for all of you reading this, you're welcome to join us too!

Hoover

I know that Lisa worked really hard to help push things through to get, first, the interest, and, second, the commitment for an article by the paper.  All of the energy and enthusiasm is paying off by way of excellent media attention and coverage.  I see lots of good things coming to this part of Ohio!

MeanStreaker

A big thank you to Lisa, Troy, Ryan, and all of the great volunteers in the Gibsonburg area whose hardwork in promotions are really going to pay off this year!  Thank you!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Butt Stock

Hoover

GarandFan

You definitely did a good job with getting the word out about the project.  You did a good job in explaining what it is all about.  Hats off to ya.
A rusty rifle is a rusty rifleman.  Now go shoot.

Fred

Let's be looking for some feedback as to the impact on attendance by asking attendees "who saw AS written up in the newspaper?" and report the results on the IAAR and back here.

High numbers would suggest we keep hammering this drum.

Low numbers would suggest we need to keep hammering this drum. :)

Advertising works on the principle of repeat a message enough, and people will begin to respond. (It's a low opinion of our fellow humans, but it must work or people wouldn't be spending millions on it.)

So, bottom line: keep up the good work on this - and let's see if we can ascertain how much turnout it's generating.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

MeanStreaker

This is a great announcement!  Way to go guys!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

John Boch

Butt Stock:

Would you be able to send me some photos of yourself (ideally with your Appleseed rifle) that I could publish in GunNews for next month's issue.  We're talking up AS in anticipation of the shoot we'll be sponsoring (as Guns Save Life) in Bloomington, IL the first weekend in June and this article is perfect for that.  While we certainly don't have the circulation of that local paper, we don't do too badly at 10,000 copies of our own.

We're going to reprint parts of that article and I thought a nice picture or maybe two of you would add the proverbial thousand words or two.

You can get them to me at my email:  my handle here @comcast.net

Thanks and congrats on a very positive article.

John

Butt Stock

Templar223, email sent out to you. Lisa(Butt Stock's mom)

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney