News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Filling in the gaps: October and November 2010

Started by CortJestir, March 27, 2010, 11:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

First, some good news. We've signed up Hartford for another AS for September 18-19, 2010. The Dashboard will be up as soon as registration, flyer, EIP, etc. are up.

But, we still have October and November to fill up on the schedule. I'm hoping we can have one at Metacon again, but would prefer something in Southern CT. Everything so far has been in the northern part of the state. Folks in the New York City/N. New Jersey area could benefit from an AS somewhere in Fairfield County or New Haven county, even, not to mention southern CT folks.

So who do we know? How can we get into Elm City Gun Club? Blue Trail would be a boon as well. We've talked briefly about it, but now's the time for some more action on this.

Adding these two would mean 10 Appleseeds here in CT in 2010. If my math is correct, that's more than double last year. Wish my savings enjoyed that kind of growth.  **) A job well done, everyone!  O0 O0 So let's celebrate but keep the eye on the prize, folks...
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

I know a guy at work who's a member of Silver City Gun Club in Meriden. They're .22 only, indoors - don't know if they allow position shooting. I'll ask him if he can float the idea. I'll also probably be seeing my BIL on Easter - he's the one who's on the board at Bell City, but he's also a member at another club in the Southington-Meriden area. I'll bring some flyers and see if I can get him interested. I know these aren't actually southern CT locales, but at least it's a closer drive for you good ol' boys from down south.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

CortJestir

Excellent, thanks 2paranoid. Keep us posted. We have another "in" at Bell City that I'm going to contact soon. We also have Andover in the works. More on that soon. Lastly, TOMINCT is working Metacon for October. We hope to hear from them after their next board meeting in mid-April.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D