News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What should our State Motto be?

Started by ItsanSKS, March 27, 2010, 12:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Folks, we now have the ability to add a State Motto, or tag-line, to our dedicated state board.  I am looking to ya'll for insight as to what we would want for this. 

Here is the original post from Fred informing us of this ability:

Quote from: FredSome of you may not be aware of the ability to "add" a message to your state board's title.

Take a look at the list of state boards to see what some other SCs have done to add a little "boost" to their board - to sorta add a little extra 'invite' to 'check it out'.

Think of a line of doors along a street in the Red Light district of Ansterdam, and how you want to put a little something 'extra' out to entice people to come thru your door... Smiley (It's just some humor, let's all relax... Smiley )

Here's what California has done, for example:

California
   The Golden State, shining for Appleseed

Not too shabby.

How'd something spiffy like that look for your state?

How to do it? Guess the easiest way is to contact the moderator with your suggested message.

Some of the others posted on other states, should give you some ideas...

I'm thinking
"Florida- Welcome to the GunShine State"

or perhaps
"Florida- A shining example of Appleseed in Action"

Throw some ideas in the air, and we'll see what sticks!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

NHale

FLORIDA-It's even shaped like a gun!

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

Ratchett

Hi all in Fla!

I am not a Floridian but I do have an idea if you don' t mind an outsider' s suggestion.

Florida--Yottnottin be missin' Appleseed!

I love the fact that y'all have honored this woman and that we were able to share in that this past weekend. I am sorry that I never had a chance to meet her on this side.

In His Grip,
Nurse Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

gjwilliamsjr

How about "Summer soldiers and sunshine patriots NOT shrinking from the service of their country!"

douglas34474

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on April 20, 2010, 01:11:54 PM

I love the fact that y'all have honored this woman and that we were able to share in that this past weekend. I am sorry that I never had a chance to meet her on this side.

In His Grip,
Nurse Ratchett

That works. It has my vote.  O0 O0 O0

ItsanSKS

This definitely has my vote.  I'll leave this post up for another week or so, but I think we have a winner!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

libertytree

I know I'm a newb but I'll throw an idea out there.

Yottnottin be messin' with my liberty.

theri

is very good but in my opinion

Quote from: libertytree on April 20, 2010, 05:27:35 PM
Yottnottin be messin' with my liberty.

is an even better way to honor Jacqui.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

douglas34474

Jacqui was at the first Appleseed I attended in Maakka. We were on the line right next to each other. She never spoke of anything remotely political. She did speak volumes of her new found love of rifle marksmanship and the new hobby of making custom gun stocks.

This s just my opinion, but I think the motto below fits the Jacqui I knew. She was all about Appleseed, not politics. In my mind the other suggestion seems confrontational. The one below is on a more positive note; and that was Jacqui.

BrownBess and Willorith knew her the best. We should wait and see what they feel fits.

willorith

I'm in favor of it.
"Yotnottin be missing Appleseed"

Ever Humble
Willorith
We are but human.

theri

Since I never met Jacqui I will withdraw my suggestion and defer to those who knew her well.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

hornblower

Florida - fertile ground for Appleseeds!

panhead

howdy

fantastic idea honoring Jacqui

I defer to Brian and Paul as the ones who knew her best, but I love it!  O0 O0 O0
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

hornblower

Jacqui sounds like a fabulous person, who should be remembered and honored.

My question would be; what is the purpose of the motto?

If it is to help raise the profile and proliferate Appleseed, then yotnottin is a bit esoteric.

Someone reading that would have no idea as to its' meaning.

If it is intended for those who know the story, then it is great.

Just my two cents.

Hornblower

douglas34474

When someone asks about the meaning of the motto, it gives an opportunity to educate.
Everyone should know the story.  ;)

I have a feeling that Florida Appleseeds will know who she was.

ItsanSKS

Quote from: willorith on April 21, 2010, 09:43:52 AM
I'm in favor of it.
"Yotnottin be missing Appleseed"

Ever Humble
Willorith

Its official.  You should see the update immediately.